mrray13

1971 impala build

Can't beat the good old fashioned Detroit Iron. No wimpy 18 guage steel to vibrate to hell.

Can't beat the good old fashioned Detroit Iron.  No wimpy 18 guage steel to vibrate to hell.

amen!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Can't beat the good old fashioned Detroit Iron.  No wimpy 18 guage steel to vibrate to hell.

Comeon, what about the added deebeez??

Really good work. I like the way you trimmed the whole trunk area. I thought about doig that for the Impala I'm working on but the owner wanted to wait and have his trunk soundproofed by a shop (so they could spray it in) before I did that. Now I see how!

i left my camera at work..lol..

anyway, all trim panels are done. finishing the amp racks, and cutting holes for neon (yeah, i know, but it's not my ride)

will take more pics today and try to remember my camera..lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Really good work.  I like the way you trimmed the whole trunk area.  I thought about doig that for the Impala I'm working on but the owner wanted to wait and have his trunk soundproofed by a shop (so they could spray it in) before I did that.  Now I see how!

cardboard is your friend when trimming out a vehicle. makes for an easy way to form atemplate. i'll take a few pics of the templates i made for this install...

thanks for the comments bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I've used cardboard for a while now to do mockups. I used it for the front doors and the side profile of the box mostly. The rest of it was pretty strait forward measure/measure/measure/cut.

Looks really good, cant wait to see the final pics. Keep up the good work. Peace!

here we go!! pictures!!

the treo staring at ya in it's new home!

71impalaboxandinstall0414yn.th.jpg

looking in at the semi completed amp rack and teh top trim...

71impalaboxandinstall0045wv.th.jpg 71impalaboxandinstall0058bx.th.jpg

random pices carpeted, installed green neons (yeah, yuck), and the 1 farad cap and if yopu look at the trunk hinge you'll see a trigger. that's what will tun the neons on when you pop the trunk. there's one in the other hinge for the alarm.

71impalaboxandinstall0129ii.th.jpg 71impalaboxandinstall0136wx.th.jpg 71impalaboxandinstall0143bt.th.jpg

and the almost finished project.

71impalaboxandinstall0153eg.th.jpg 71impalaboxandinstall0163eq.th.jpg 71impalaboxandinstall0176yj.th.jpg

and a bit of an overview...still some things lieft to be done. rear deck, make some better fitment inside the trunk and other various little things. but for all intents and purposes, it's done.

71impalaboxandinstall0186fa.th.jpg

i'll get a pic of the rear deck and some more of the car monday, i hope. so, whatcha think??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yayyyy finally pix I can look at in FF :P

you're really good with the woodwork, Kent. Cant wait to see the final product.

IS CLEAN !

Question.....

Are you going to leave the openings for the trunk hinges open or putting some of those bristle things.

dennis, that is the basic "final" product. gotta clean up some fitment problems and install the memphis mc1000d on the passanger side and the memphis mc2004 on the driver's.

there are green neons under the amps and in the rear tailight covers.

elias, no bristles. for what the guy is paying for this install, he's gotten more then he deserves.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yah I just meant with the amps in and all

good stuff

How come those work in FF and others still don't????

How come those work in FF and others still don't????

those are linked from imageshack and not directly uploaded to ssa's server...

thanks for the comments guys!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Pimpness my man!!!!!!!!!

yeah, tom, we know...lol...

but anyway, a few more pics. the car is back at the shop for some interior touch up stuff, so i'll try to get some full body shots for ya tom.

here's the remainder of what i did, the amps installed. ont he driver's side, the memphis mc2004. on the passanger side is the mc1000d @ 2ohm. he thinks it's putting out it's full 1100wrms, lol, but since the treo ss is only rated for 500 and it's in bandpass, the 600wrms it's getting is way more then enough. we really don't want to have to change the thing..lol...

0034nc.th.jpg 0046pu.th.jpg

and now the tweeter and 6x9 install. this is jame's handywork. teh owner didn't want his A piller touched, so james mounted the m class tweeters where his old ones were.

0052jn.th.jpg 0063tx.th.jpg

now, we call the owner "show car" because he thinks all of his cars (the 71 imp, teh 96 imp ss and his deville) are all of show car quality. the imp ss i'll agree on. the 71's trucnk i'll agree on. the rest?? well, you decide..lol...

0074my.th.jpg 0086pa.th.jpg 0097no.th.jpg

the seats are actually nice, but they don't recline much, nor do they lean forward at all. that makes getting in and out a female dog.

i hope you enjoyed the buildup as much as i hated building the box, lol. though with the way the box works, i'm very proud of the whole install. trunk that is.

again, i'll try to get some full body shots today.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Very nice my brother, very nice. Your inspiring me :)

Very nice my brother, very nice. Your inspiring me :)

i don't see how, but thanks bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Your work looks great, as for the show quality one look under the hood will set that straight....but if I were just showing the trunk no problem!

I am starting to like the look of the new Memphis amps

well, thanks for the compliments folks! i really appreciate them.

anyway, for tom...the car in all it's glory...

0018up.th.jpg 0034mg.th.jpg 0028dk.th.jpg

and for you late 70's to mid 80's muscle fans....a malibu thrown if for good measure

0047zz.th.jpg

while the body on the malibu needs some work, the drivetrain does not. the car is stout. i might be doing some trading involving that car...

has to the 71 imp, while it looks good in pics, the paint is shot. solvent pops and bondo pits all over it. they tried to sand some of the orangepeel out and did a crap ass job of that too. the car started life yellow....

enjoy, and thanks again!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: