My Pioneer MVH-8200 recently has been having faceplate issues where it seems like it isn't making a good connection and if I push in the faceplate sometimes it causes the unit to turn off then back on (most likely because it loses connection then regains). I live in maine so it gets pretty cold and I'm wondering if there is some moisture in there that's causing issues. If that is the case what do you think I could do to help clean off the connectors? I tried looking on ebay and amazon for a replacement faceplate and couldn't find one, and when I emailed pioneer they gave me the usual round around with warranty (which I don't have the info for since I bought it used)

Use 91% rubbing alcohol with a qtip. Then let it dry. Then use an eraser and blow out the shaving

Use 91% rubbing alcohol with a qtip. Then let it dry. Then use an eraser and blow out the shaving

That sounds like voodoo sho biggrin.png.

That sounds like voodoo sho biggrin.png.

Lmfao! Thanks..... But its worked on my previous head unit and memory cards and RAM chips and PCI connectors.

I actually asked Robin what he thought and he suggested rubbing alcohol as well lol. I'll bring the HU in for surgery tomorrow and let it sit overnight to dry. I really hope it's just something funky with the connectors...if I can't get a new faceplate that means finding a whole new HU which I don't have the cash for right now sad.png

Edited by Kangaroux

The more pure the better. 99% is WAY better than 91..

I actually asked Robin what he thought and he suggested rubbing alcohol as well lol. I'll bring the HU in for surgery tomorrow and let it sit overnight to dry. I really hope it's just something funky with the connectors...if I can't get a new faceplate that means finding a whole new HU which I don't have the cash for right now sad.png

You could also just deal with it for a while... Or buy my previous pioneer hu that's sitting in my closet

You could also just deal with it for a while... Or buy my previous pioneer hu that's sitting in my closet

Problem is I can't deal with it...all I can do is change the volume lol. I can't access any menus without shutting off the headunit, all I can do is go forward or backward a song and adjust the volume.

Did 2 rounds of alcohol on each connector (the one on the faceplate and the one on the headunit itself). Waited 5 minutes after putting on the alcohol to wipe it off. After that I blow dried each connector for about a minute until it was completely dry and boom...it works flawlessly. Thanks guys

I thought I posted in this thread and then realized it was swifts.

Yes I repaired a bunch of these at the old shop with the same problem. Besides what you already have done we also brushed on some stuff called deoxit. Works great in cleaning as well as keeping them clean. Pretty sure you can still get it and a little goes a long way. We used it on any exposed wiring, power connections and RCA cable connectors.