PistolPete94

Sundown SA-12 and Skar VVX-12

Ive thought about it and ive sent an email asking about pricing on shipping but they havent gotten back to me on it... SSA is based out of Florida isnt it? and i live in Alabama so it shouldnt be that bad.

Think something is mixed up here. Despite the hurricane and moving, I am caught up on emails. We are in MD and NY.

Ohh ok I gotcha, hope y'all are safe in the hurricane I should be ordering a sub from y'all very soon! It's the shipping cost that's keeping me from ordering at the moment

Think something is mixed up here. Despite the hurricane and moving, I am caught up on emails. We are in MD and NY.
Do you have a storefront in MD or a place to listen and see? Before I found this forum, I asked elsewhere and was told there was an unrelated physical store up here but that's it...

Do you have a storefront in MD or a place to listen and see? Before I found this forum, I asked elsewhere and was told there was an unrelated physical store up here but that's it...

Sorry, no store front in MD. Working on a demo install though. :)

Nice! Not to drag this too far OT, but what do you have/do in MD? Just thinking about the shipping cost if something can be picked up locally.

Nice! Not to drag this too far OT, but what do you have/do in MD? Just thinking about the shipping cost if something can be picked up locally.

Drivers are built, and shipped from Vegas. No getting around that.

Pretty easy decision for me, gcon.

I love the gcon and ive come to love the incriminator lethal injection. the only thing im havin problems with are shipping costs. im trying not to blow the bank on the subs cause im making a custom ported box and buying a amp. Anybody like the lethal injections? i know the gcons are very solid as well as the sundown SA-12. Plus with the sundown i get free shipping.. sadly i dont have the power for the FI. I want a good starting point for upgrading from one level on my system to another you know? like i just wanna take it a step at a time and get everything exactly how i want it. Im an extremely competitive person so im always tempted to get the loudest and best. But im thinking the hardest hitting while still keeping SQ. so a good SPL and SQ mix. I have friends with 2 kicker 15's or 12's and some guys with JL's and some guys with RF's i wanna blow them out of the water while still keeping the sound quality high. SSA, Sundown, and Incriminator all have what i want but i just want some opinions on these. so far everyone has screamed SSA so right now they are at the top but what about the incriminator LI and the sundown SA?

I love the gcon and ive come to love the incriminator lethal injection. the only thing im havin problems with are shipping costs. im trying not to blow the bank on the subs cause im making a custom ported box and buying a amp. Anybody like the lethal injections? i know the gcons are very solid as well as the sundown SA-12. Plus with the sundown i get free shipping.. sadly i dont have the power for the FI. I want a good starting point for upgrading from one level on my system to another you know? like i just wanna take it a step at a time and get everything exactly how i want it. Im an extremely competitive person so im always tempted to get the loudest and best. But im thinking the hardest hitting while still keeping SQ. so a good SPL and SQ mix. I have friends with 2 kicker 15's or 12's and some guys with JL's and some guys with RF's i wanna blow them out of the water while still keeping the sound quality high. SSA, Sundown, and Incriminator all have what i want but i just want some opinions on these. so far everyone has screamed SSA so right now they are at the top but what about the incriminator LI and the sundown SA?

Not sure what Fi driver you were looking at, but in any case there isn't such thing as underpowering. What ever power you were planning on using for a gcon or sa12 could very well power the Fi driver.

Don't expect a pair of 12s to perform magic and beat the cone area advantage that a pair of 15s have. At the same time you should note that installation will play the largest role in the end result--whether your goals be sq or spl.

Ok, so heres my advice, based on your resonse.

If you are competitive as you say you are, and you're trying to compete with you're local friends with 2 15's and such, with only 1 12", I would up the budget now. You've stated that, you want to upgrade you're system, and I have this strange itch you are going to want to upgrade again.

All that said, I would purchase a xcon. Just save up an additional paycheck or so, to do so. Patience is extremely vital in the Car Audio scene that many over look. Once you order the xcon, it would take up to 4-5 weeks to receive, which can be a good thing. What this would do, is allow you time to resource more funds, to spend on enclosure and other necessities for you're build.

One thing many newer people don't realize, is that it cost money, to be loud. For me, the extra few bucks here and there are well worth the wait and savings, you get this accomplishment feeling, which again, to me, feels better than to say, "yes, its finally here". If that makes sense. Once you have all needed things, just go from there, take it one step at a step, and build you're way up.

If you feel the xcon is too long to wait for saving up, then get the Icon, it has been recently revised, and I have videos of it playing in my explorer. I can give you a in detail review of it if you'd like. Either way, if you change you're mindset a little, such as being loud as YOU can be, vs being louder than you're friends, maybe things would turn out better than you had ever imagined :)

I'd really like to see your in depth review on the icon! :) I know their cone area is more but just saying the guy with two 15s is running kicker comps..nothin special. I'm willing to spend good money on quality subs but I also don't wanna go deaf and piss my parents off if you know what I mean lol and I kind of have limited space since I drive an extended cab Nissan frontier :(

I'd really like to see your in depth review on the icon! smile.png I know their cone area is more but just saying the guy with two 15s is running kicker comps..nothin special. I'm willing to spend good money on quality subs but I also don't wanna go deaf and piss my parents off if you know what I mean lol and I kind of have limited space since I drive an extended cab Nissan frontier sad.png

Its not a challenge to get "nothing special" subs loud, its all install man. And just because you have lets say, a 160db system, doesn't mean you will be listening at that levels on you're way to wal-mart. Also, I can't whip up any ideas as to what you can fit or not as I haven't seen any measurements, but I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to fit a single 12" in there :)

I'd really like to see your in depth review on the icon! smile.png I know their cone area is more but just saying the guy with two 15s is running kicker comps..nothin special. I'm willing to spend good money on quality subs but I also don't wanna go deaf and piss my parents off if you know what I mean lol and I kind of have limited space since I drive an extended cab Nissan frontier sad.png

Its not a challenge to get "nothing special" subs loud, its all install man. And just because you have lets say, a 160db system, doesn't mean you will be listening at that levels on you're way to wal-mart. Also, I can't whip up any ideas as to what you can fit or not as I haven't seen any measurements, but I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to fit a single 12" in there smile.png

Its a prefab box so really its not that special at all. I for sure wont be blasting 150+ db on the drive to walmart, id probably get pulled over and ticketed for excessive bass and having by far the best sound system in the town lol I got a foot and half wide by a foot and a half long (can be a little bit longer 2ft) and can be a foot and half tall. You think itd fit no problem and be good size box? :)

If they are using prefab boxes and kicker comps it should be a whole lot easier for you to sound better and maybe louder, but 2 15"s is still a lot of cone area.

The owner of Skar has been known to scam, and deceit. I would not spend any money with him--no matter how "good" a deal something of his may seem.

People can say what the wont about him, he has done more for me than any other company even thinks about. Shipped my 4 vvx 15s to me and knew I wouldn't be able to pay for a week and just said send money when u can. Just my personal opinion on the company but haven't had anything but good experiences.

The owner of Skar has been known to scam, and deceit. I would not spend any money with him--no matter how "good" a deal something of his may seem.

People can say what the wont about him, he has done more for me than any other company even thinks about. Shipped my 4 vvx 15s to me and knew I wouldn't be able to pay for a week and just said send money when u can. Just my personal opinion on the company but haven't had anything but good experiences.

Ask ///m5 about Kevin.

Ask ///m5 about Kevin.

You don't need to ask anyone specifically about Kevin. All it takes is a Google search, and reading the threads started by those who have been taken advantage of.

Ask ///m5 about Kevin.

You don't need to ask anyone specifically about Kevin. All it takes is a Google search, and reading the threads started by those who have been taken advantage of.

Nice!

Ask ///m5 about Kevin.

Nice!

I mean I haven't looked into past but I'm going to after class, but that's just been my personal experience so far.

We do not stock much of anything here in MD. I have mostly samples, prototypes or out of production models.

The guys at SKAR haven't even replies to my emails and it's been a week and half.. That's awesome that you got four vvx's and he said just send me the money when you can but honestly I don't wanna risk it

The guys at SKAR haven't even replies to my emails and it's been a week and half.. That's awesome that you got four vvx's and he said just send me the money when you can but honestly I don't wanna risk it

You can do better than skar, I did SSA subs.bananaDance.gif

I want SSA subs so bad!! I hopin for a single ICON 12" :D

I want SSA subs so bad!! I hopin for a single ICON 12" biggrin.png

Order it and it will come.popcorn2.gif

I want SSA subs so bad!! I hopin for a single ICON 12" biggrin.png

Order it and it will come.popcorn2.gif

I dont have the money yet.. I could buy it if i didnt have to pay for shipping unsure.png