ricksi30

Great deal on a 4 channel

Apparently they sold out quite early as the four I ordered only ended up being one.

for that much you might as well get a ppi 900.4

Yeah I just bought a Ppi Bk800.4.

Why that instead of the 900.4??

Got a note saying they were finally back in stock although my need has been filled.

for that much you might as well get a ppi 900.4

Yeah I just bought a Ppi Bk800.4.

Why that instead of the 900.4??

Got a note saying they were finally back in stock although my need has been filled.

I got a very good deal on it and a matching 1300.1.

They've been hit or miss.

Was able to pick one up also. I figure it will at least hold me over until I learn enough to find out what I *really* want.

Was able to pick one up also. I figure it will at least hold me over until I learn enough to find out what I *really* want.

Kinda odd question here, but do you own a Mustang and post on Corral.net?

Yessir, that is I. I stopped posting there pretty much over the last year after they were bought out by that Canadian company, went to shit, and everyone started posting elsewhere. Who are you there?

Yessir, that is I. I stopped posting there pretty much over the last year after they were bought out by that Canadian company, went to shit, and everyone started posting elsewhere. Who are you there?

Holy shiznit, it is you lol. I'm "Bobo" there and pretty much every forum, think that name was already taken here though. I don't post there or any Mustang forums much though. I still have a Stang and just did a Trick Flow h/c/i on it, can't get it totally out of my system and really don't want too...just had to learn moderation. Probably gonna be blowing more money on systems instead I guess.

I remember you from way back when, maybe late 90's. I'm remember you being funny as fuck lol and always posting interesting stuff. I don't know if you'd remember me, I was more of a lurker I guess. I think you were on TurboMustangs.com some? I was there too. Good to hear from ya!

I bought an amp like this JBL a few years ago for $300 (+ shipping IIRC). It was for a friend who could not find a second JBL bpx 300.4. He still uses those amps and loves them. But he had always loved JBL product (in pro audio AND in car audio).

I'm happy to see we are not the only one to like this brand !!!

All those mods wanting at least one...!

Holy shiznit, it is you lol. I'm "Bobo" there and pretty much every forum, think that name was already taken here though. I don't post there or any Mustang forums much though. I still have a Stang and just did a Trick Flow h/c/i on it, can't get it totally out of my system and really don't want too...just had to learn moderation. Probably gonna be blowing more money on systems instead I guess.

I remember you from way back when, maybe late 90's. I'm remember you being funny as fuck lol and always posting interesting stuff. I don't know if you'd remember me, I was more of a lurker I guess. I think you were on TurboMustangs.com some? I was there too. Good to hear from ya!

Holy crap, what's up man! Yeah of course I remember you, and those other turboclowns Snipe, Nestromo and the rest of the bunch. Oh, and your best friend Dean! :) I haven't posted on TM in a long time. I do still have the car, the 351W, the turbo kit, just all still in boxes. :( I did get the Firebird to the track though finally! With two kids now though, my playtime is severly limited. Oh...man, yeah I'm not funny anymore; I'm just a grumpy arseho who yells at everyone to get off my lawn. Good to see you too dude.

I have a thread over in the Newbie section about my truck...that's what's going on here.

Hey I have a turbo kit sitting around in boxes too...been there for about 5 years lol. One of my buddies is slowly building a turbo stang now with my old 4bolt 347, but he has 3 kids and a new Camaro, 2 truck payments, house, new shop, blah blah blah...yeah he'll never finish his project either lol. Not exactly sure what Dean is up to now.

How did the Firechicken run? I remember it, but not all the details. I hear ya about having kids, and I know they are much more important than playtime. I'll check out your truck build. Hopefully I'll have something going on for my Exploder and LX soon. My roommate just put a 15" FI BL in his 2000 Exploder, it's his first "serious" sub and he's been blown away by it.

Let's keep it on topic guys, or I'll have to start talking about my Corral and TurboMustang days too.

Hey guys. Just noticed the amp is sold out online, bummer! Hope mine gets here soon. ;)

...I'll split off a thread into the general forum after I get the kids down.

Got mine today. SOB is pretty heavy, but looks kinda cheap to me.

I don't know, it just feels cheap to me.

I dislike the black plate over the center section of the amp, I liked the smoked plexi as on the older GTO series.

Otherwise, I didn't think it was cheap looking/feeling. The silver sections over the heatsink appeared to be aluminum whereas I thought they would be plastic. The crossover section offers bandpass on the rear outputs, although the crossover frequencies would only work for a true midbass and not a 2-way.

However, neither of mine came with mounting screws or fuses, which it appears they should have.

Yeah, I didn't get screws either, but it came with fuses; 3-25 amp blades.

mine came yesterday, haven't takin it out of the box yet lol

Probably gonna replace my US amps 4 ch since the jbl has more power.

Cliff Notes:

Arrived in Secaucus, NJ today. Great place to ship packages!

Location Date Local Time Activity Secaucus, NJ, United States 11/02/2012 5:57 A.M. Arrival Scan Hodgkins, IL, United States 11/01/2012 5:17 P.M. Departure Scan 11/01/2012 10:04 A.M. Arrival Scan Cerritos, CA, United States 10/30/2012 4:04 A.M. Departure Scan 10/30/2012 2:17 A.M. Arrival Scan Fresno, CA, United States 10/29/2012 7:45 P.M. Departure Scan 10/29/2012 5:09 P.M. Origin Scan United States 10/29/2012 6:16 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Edited by Dave88LX

*should* be here today. I jumped on the amp because I was told it was a good deal. Initially I was going to run my Focal 165 V30's in passive mode off a 2 channel amp. Is this a good amp to run active with? Or should I just keep it passive?

*should* be here today. I jumped on the amp because I was told it was a good deal. Initially I was going to run my Focal 165 V30's in passive mode off a 2 channel amp. Is this a good amp to run active with? Or should I just keep it passive?

The on-board x/overs are not capable of running active. You would need an external processor.

And running a comp set active is pretty pointless.