Sign in to follow this  
n8te81

gcon or icon 10in for my Z??

I have a 350z and I was looking for a good sub to have ported....i know dustin from dc creations and okc and he said i should check out the gcon. Reason for the gcon is that I wanna use my old amp i still have which is ED nine.1 monoblock. The problem I was having was the space issue and and the weird shape of my trunk with the strut bar in the back. I was hoping this would be a good combo for my car cause im tired of not having any lows. I was originally gonna get a SA8 or a 10 but Dustin said these subs are pretty bad-A. Any help from ppl that have messed with a Z or know if i should take a different route or any help would be great.

Isn't the nine.1 ~1300 watts at 1 ohm?

Yeah it is...thought I would just turn the gain down quite a bit if I needed to.

Yeah it is...thought I would just turn the gain down quite a bit if I needed to.

Either will work, but the ICON will definitely handle the power better.

Wouldnt the icon need more airspace thought to be ported?? Like I said the problem was finding a sub that could handle the amp while using the least amount of space because of the shape of my trunk.

I just looked and they seem to need about the same amount so i guess it would just come down to the price point between the 2 and output.

I just looked and they seem to need about the same amount so i guess it would just come down to the price point between the 2 and output.

Yeah the enclosures would be similar in size.

So would the gcon be tight and deep still in a ported enclosure?? I listen to mainly rap rock and some techno.

So would the gcon be tight and deep still in a ported enclosure?? I listen to mainly rap rock and some techno.

Yes, either will sound great but the ICON will handle more power.

hmmmm choices choices then lol. Well thx rick...ill see which one i go with. I saw that there was a waiting period for subs??

hmmmm choices choices then lol. Well thx rick...ill see which one i go with. I saw that there was a waiting period for subs??

SSA subs are built to order in Las Vegas. They take ~3-4 weeks to receive, but they are well worth the wait.

Im not in a huge hurry....that would give me time to deal with the box issue then. Like i said thx again rick.

Im not in a huge hurry....that would give me time to deal with the box issue then. Like i said thx again rick.

No problem! Post some pics when you get it all together if you can.

Is there a budget? With that power I would go with the XCON.

im not on a tight budget but im not on a huge one either....its like one of those things where your like hmmm if i spend the extra money something might happen and i might need it later lol. But yeah there is kinda a budget cause i still have to buy red leather seats for my car.