Sign in to follow this  
kuykendall54

AQ 3500 or Crescendo Audio BC3500D?

I'm currently in a debate for which amp i want to get. i'm running a fi sp4 15. For electrical i'm running all 1/0 gauge a 350 amp alternator, currently a stock battery but soon to be upgraded to an xs power d3400. Just can decide between which amp i want aq 3500 or crescendo 3500. Both great amps buch which one will be best for my setup?

The AQ is the better amp by far...

Why?

Same build house I thought.

The AQ is the better amp by far...

What makes you say that?

You'll need a batt in back.

The AQ is stronger 4300rms

But I'd go with the BC3500, so if you upgrade later on, get a second and still have a good match. Get D1's

If you guys wanna know the reasons as to why it's the better amp, PM pro-rabbit on here and he'll give you the details...

99% of the amp tests performed by the average person are completely useless, and prove absolutely nothing. They never account for all the variables.

how about you give us the details on this thread

In the years i've been in this hobby and have personally done business with both companies, i'd go CA even if the AQ amp was 25% cheaper at like power.

Why?

Because AQ's CS back when I was with them was not user friendly..

I had to pay for a burnt up amp, brand new from them because they don't pay for repairs out of their pocket? wtf? Why not give me a new amp? Oh no.. it has to be repaired...

Amp had never outputted anything before it burnt up..

Long story.. there was a fault inside but still i had to pay for it..

CA, i haven't had to deal with repairs from them BUT at least they offer flat rate warranty services so i know i will not be out of money if it does break down.

I've had direct short coils come from AQ back when they were made along with DD and of course i had to pay round trip shipping for a new one.. My fault again i guess even though they admitted it was their fault on the line..

I've always had to pay more for AQ shit than what a customer suppose to then when i left that company and ventured out, i seen that i was paying too much for too little.

IF you want an amp period, stick with what SSA offers. They have literally everything you could need here power-wise.

If you guys wanna know the reasons as to why it's the better amp, PM pro-rabbit on here and he'll give you the details...

You made the statement.....why can't you give us the details?

You made the statement.....why can't you give us the details?

Because I don't remember the exact specifics and I don't want to go off spouting false info...dustin has done the testing on them and he has the details, which is why I said to PM him.

This threads going to take off. I hope we can get some solid info in here before it gets ugly

This threads going to take off. I hope we can get some solid info in here before it gets ugly

You won't find any solid info. Boils down to which ever company has the better price, customer service, enough people to say "It's so loud" "it's better than sliced bread," and the occasional clamp test that shows it's super-under-rated-epic-awesomeness--distortion level what?.

Good point. Either way I'm tuned in biggrin.png

Did you tune yourself in with a DD-1? Because if you didn't, you're not gonna get the full jist of info that is about to be epicly spilled out here.

Edited by shizzzon

Lol guess its gonna go straight over my head then.

I did buy a couple crescendo amps in the past 6 months. Seem solid to me lol

Because I don't remember the exact specifics and I don't want to go off spouting false info

And yet ironically your very first post in this thread may have very well done that, since you don't even know the information that opinion was based.

It would also help significantly to know the goals of the OP's system. If this is a daily driver and not for numbers than honestly any power measurements (even if properly conducted, which clamp tests aren't if that's what you are relying on) are going to be meaningless. Those two amps will be close enough in power to make no audible difference.

I'll take which ever one is given to me, if I am spending my money it's going to Crescendo

1319836327583192.gif

1319836327583192.gif

My nuts are huuuuge, and you can take that shit all the way to the bank. If they don't accept, well...gtfo.

1319836327583192.gif

This should be part of the Emoticon list.

We'd use it every 20 minutes on here.

If I was to spend my money, it would go towards CA, I've used the aq1200 and was not the biggest fan of it.

To the original poster of this thread:

your best bet is to do some research on both companies, and see which has better customer service. I apologize for blowing this out of proportion, but the fact is that you can't accurately get the answer your looking for. Another thing to consider is that there needs to be a significant difference in power to audibly tell any difference. A significant difference that is very unlikely to be found between those two amps.