Sign in to follow this  
kuykendall54

AQ 3500 or Crescendo Audio BC3500D?

I own the aq3500.1v2.. I must say it puts out the numbers and then some. Sounds great with music, about as defined as im gonna get at this power level.. So for a class D it's been my fav so far. I have inspected the circuit board for faults, the kind the mass production in Korea would be of the norm and I haven't found 1 cold solder joint, not 1 through hole that wasn't filled with solder. Good retention of the big components like caps, filters, torrids etc using hard silicon glue. Super thick traces cover the amp I think it's a 4oz board.? Lots of good parts get the job done.. I just recently had the amp installed on 1, 12" RE Audio XXX 3.2 @ 30hz ... Pretty serious thump for 1 12" !! Way louder by ear than the US Amps usa2000 I had on it, It had been gone through so it was not stock, but admit the US Amps was a lot tighter..

Ill be able to give a more indepth review when I upgrade to 2, 15" custom Neo's and another aq3500.1 amp so I can strap them suckers and see how they can take the abuse! It IS my design more powerful than a BC3500 from Crescendo. The AQ3500.1 is a 4300+ watt board that will max out well over 6000 watts, Ill never be running 18V B+ so I wont see those power numbers... Im ok when it's putting out around 4500 watts..

All in all it's a very solid amp for the money! Cant go wrong with buying it. I've read positive testimonials for months and AQ seems to be getting better as the company gets older.