MikeMartel

What would you like to see?

Just waiting on getting my two 15" icons and, since I have nothing better to do I was wondering if there was any box type or orientation you'd like to see me try in my 2004 Impala. I'm going to try a ton of different boxes and orientations with a lot of testing to see what works out best in my application and I wanted to have some fun with it. I'm NOT doing a wall, but ill be pretty open to anything else you'd like to see me try. I might actually end up using your idea if it works out the best!

-Mike

I'd like to see the enclosure port through the rear deck. Will eventually upgrade and wondering what to do with my coupe, never had a trunk car before and disappointed with sub output compared to a hatchback. Be sure to post pics.

Looking forward to the build! I just put two 15" SSA Icons In my Dakota, box is 7.2 cubic feet tuned to 32hz via a 5x20.25" slot port if I remember right. Kills the lows and has serious punch on rock etc. Got Ram Designs to Design it.

4th order built in trunk.

Definitly Boobs!!!!!tongue.png

I'd like to see the enclosure port through the rear deck.

This^^

And if you at all took that seriously...NO. 4th order ported is really the most logical.

And if you took 4th order ported as bandpass....NO. I was referring to normal ported

I'd just run em free air and hook a 4th order crossover to em.

I may try a single 15 4th order in a friends trunk. 3 cubes sealed and 6-9 ported section. If I do I'll let u know how it turns out.

I may try a single 15 4th order in a friends trunk. 3 cubes sealed and 6-9 ported section. If I do I'll let u know how it turns out.

Seriously bad idea. Stop reading what morons do and copying them. Ratiometric boxes are a joke.

Looking forward to the build! I just put two 15" SSA Icons In my Dakota, box is 7.2 cubic feet tuned to 32hz via a 5x20.25" slot port if I remember right. Kills the lows and has serious punch on rock etc. Got Ram Designs to Design it.

:woot:

Hah. M5 don't worry man, I was only seriously looking at making some 4th order ported boxes. I might try my best to make a 4th order bp just for kicks since I have never done one before but I doubt it will come out well at all..

Simple ported box, 8 - 10" aero with a few different port / sub orientations. Also going to fool around with the tuning a whole lot. Probably from 26-38hz.

Remove your back window and run them free air where the window was.

Remove your back window and run them free air where the window was.

Tempting...

I would like to see two 15s in a trunk in ANY quarter wave enclosure (tapered horn, transmission line, or expanding horn). A tapered horn would be the most likely candidate due to being the smallest of the three. GL ;)