OK SO IM TRYING TO FIND THE BEST WAY TO GET THE POWER AND QUALITY WITH OUT GETING A DIVORCE.! LOL IVE GOT ROOF MOUNT, DOOR MOUNT, DASH MOUNT, REAR DECK LID AND I HAVE A SPACE BEHIND THE REAR PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW WERE ID LIKE TO PUT THE ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH PRO 6" 4 OR 8 OHM MIDRANGE. IM REALLY NEEDING A GOOD AMOUNT OF HELP IV DONE THE FIBERGLASS MYSELF AND IM VERY INTERESTED IN COMPLEATING MY PROJECT. THE HELP I REQUIRE IS SUCH:

1. I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER TO CHOOSE FROM EITHER THE PUNCH PRO 6" 4 OR 8 OHM MIDRANGE , BOTH HAVE THE SAME MOUNTS

BUT IM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS OF OTHER BRANDS BUT DEPTH MAY NOT EXCEED 2.26"

2. I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST AMP OR AMPS TO DO THIS KEEP IN MIND THAT IM NOT TRYIN TO PUT A SINGLE SPEAKER ON A SINGLE CHANNEL

NOW U FIND ME A 48 CHANNEL AMP LOL WHO KNOWS

3. GOT TO HAVE EXTREAMLY BIG HIGHS SO I PLANED AHEAD AND LEFT A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF ROOM TO ACCOMMODATE FOR JUST ABOUT ANY TWEETER ON THE MARKET

4. OK AND YES ILL NEED AN AMP FOR THEM TOO

ANY OTHER INFO NEEDED I CAN PROVIDED EITHER VIA EMAIL OR FACEBOOK M16ARMY87 AT YAHOO

NOW FOR THE SAKE OF COMFORT IM NOT GOING TO BE PLAYING ALL THE SPEAKERS SO IF I CAN SEPARATE THE ROOF, DASH, BEHIND THE REAR PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW AND ALSO THE CENTER CONSOLE, FROM THE DOORS, KICK PANELS, AND REAR DECK LID THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

ANYWAY THANKS FOR CHECKIN IT OUT HOPE SOMEONE CAN AT BEST POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Now don't take offense to this, but if you want to run 48 drivers, can't decided between a 4 or 8 ohm driver and need help on choosing an amp and electrical upgrades, you really have no business doing what you plan to do. Start on a much smaller scale and make a plan that you can work with and that will work period.

Turn you caps lock off. Annoying as hell...

Perhaps what tirefryr was trying to say is. No way, you are in way over your head. Absolutely terrible idea.

cap lock hurt eyes

damn i thought this was about subs - why the hell would anybody need 48 mid speakers

is this for those south american style systems ?

Edited by SPL_Man

cap lock hurt eyes

damn i thought this was about subs - why the hell would anybody need 48 mid speakers

is this for those south american style systems ?

One for each of the lower 48 states?

i just woke up so i'm not in a very good mood, but your a dip shit.

Not a good plan, at all. You need to take a step back and slow down.

Can someone please explain why it's a bad idea everyone always quick to say no but won't explain why. Im on SSA forum everyday for an hour or two and learned a lot but it would be much more interesting if people would just spread the knowledge.

Can someone please explain why it's a bad idea everyone always quick to say no but won't explain why. Im on SSA forum everyday for an hour or two and learned a lot but it would be much more interesting if people would just spread the knowledge.

Because its different and not what other people would like or want. Some people like a clam shell with 15 12's. some people like a shit ton of highs. I personally don't see the difference. They are both on the extreme side of the spectrum boardering on insane. But it's what people like and enjoy. Who are we to say its just plain dumb. If it keeps the industry thriving and keeps people entertained then I'm all for it even though it might not be what I'd personally do for myself.

If you woke up in a bad mood don't post.

COME ON ADRIAN. FORTY EIGHT 6.5'S? those are Mids he talking about. don't jump my ass over telling some guy his idea sucks really bad because it does. Edited by ChILL

His idea doesn't necessarily suck, he's just jumping in to water over his head without being able to swim.

Get 8ohm versions. Get 8 800 watt 4 channel amps and run 2 per channel at 4ohm load. your looking at 5600 watts just for those, I would also run about 16 super tweeters too, run those off 2 600 watt 4 channel amps. 8 ohm versions, 2 per channel with a 4 ohm load. So now we are at 6800 watts. Just for this you will need atleast a 300+ amp alternator and maybe 3-4 batteries. Big 3 upgrade and several runs of 1/0

These if you have the budget:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=290-400

These if you don't:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-020

I second the bullet style super tweeters in this case as well. I picked pro audio drivers as they can take a little more abuse without failure, ability to handle a lot of power, and their sensitivity. Keep in mind you will need some type of crossover ie. MiniDSP or the like to manage your points and slopes. If properly implemented the banks of drivers can be given an extra layer of protection from being over driven with driver corresponding crossover settings.

Not sure of the rms of those drivers but for reference my Tacoma xrunner had 48 6.5's on its undercarriage and was ran off of 10 50 watt x4 amps. I could run it full tilt all day using 3 oddysey 1500 batteries and a 60 amp power supply.

I think the reason for the flamage is because of the way his post is written and idea "thought out". This seems more like a troll post than a legitimate question. No real person is going to ask about doing 40+ of any speaker without some sort of plan. No one! He doesnt even have electrical figured out yet hes done all the fiberglassing and has everything set for these speakers to go in? Lets talk about running wires after that? It very much seems like a troll and thats how people responded.

I think the reason for the flamage is because of the way his post is written and idea "thought out". This seems more like a troll post than a legitimate question. No real person is going to ask about doing 40+ of any speaker without some sort of plan. No one! He doesnt even have electrical figured out yet hes done all the fiberglassing and has everything set for these speakers to go in? Lets talk about running wires after that? It very much seems like a troll and thats how people responded.

Agreed, but it was fun to think what I would do in that case. Lol

im not going to hate or bash not my style,

just a few questions

was caps lock required?

if you think there is a 48 channel amp that is something i want to see, the most ive seen is a 6-8 channel

and even those were crap

you said that you did the fiberglassing, lets see pics to prove that your not just being a troll

yea, i would like to see pics also.

COME ON ADRIAN. FORTY EIGHT 6.5'S? those are Mids he talking about. don't jump my ass over telling some guy his idea sucks really bad because it does.

It might be dumb but definitely not a dip shit...

That wasn't jumping your ass :lol: