Sign in to follow this  
ak11667

will be buying forum space, need opinions on products

so within the next week or so ill be buying a manufacturer section on the forum and i need opinions and suggestions for products to offer

i have speaker rings with and without tweeter mounts

pre fab boxes but optimized for certain subs

knockdown home theater speaker boxes and whole kits

door pods

and custom panel engraving

what else should i offer, remember that these will all be things i can cut out of my cnc

i can cut wood, plexi and engrave metal

Bring it on! I'm sure that I'll think of something to suggest.

got some render of the home theater speaker i mentioned

im trying to work on the price, but im looking at about 150ish per kit, or 175 fully assembled it uses 2 top of the line 6 inch woofers and a good tweeter with a 1st order butterworth crossover on the woofers and a 2nd order bessel on the tweeter, it has a slight peak around 2500hz but i think with tweaking i can get rid of that

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Sounds sweet man! I say throw up your work and show us what you can do

and here is some speaker mounts i have designed up, they will be cut from 3/4 inch mdf and will be countersunk to your speakers, just give me the outside diamater and how far you want it countersunk, up to 1/4 inch

there is a 6.5 with a tweeter mount, a 6 inch and tweeter adapter for a 6x9 hole and a door panel for 4 6.5's

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by ak11667

Its not just what you build , but rather HOW you build it ... so lets see some skills !

and regarding those component mounts , please don't encourage people to install those incorrectly ,

tweeters and mids installed that close together low in a door makes NO sense , you could've just bought coaxial drivers ... tweeters should be high up ... so pods for dash or a-pillar .. strong and ajustustable

all of these parts will be cut out on a CNC, i should be up and cutting in about a week, so i will have some sample products up and ready by this time next week

Its not just what you build , but rather HOW you build it ... so lets see some skills !

and regarding those component mounts , please don't encourage people to install those incorrectly ,

tweeters and mids installed that close together low in a door makes NO sense , you could've just bought coaxial drivers ... tweeters should be high up ... so pods for dash or a-pillar .. strong and ajustustable

completely incorrect. mounting a tweeter close the mid has both its advantages and disadvantages. the same can be said for mounting the tweeter away from the mid. if you would like to discuss this topic post another thread.

cool stuff op.

my idea would be to offer waterproofing for the spacers. truck bed liner for example.

Why MMT and not MTM on the hT box. And which Mids and tweeters?

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

Why MMT and not MTM on the hT box. And which Mids and tweeters?

the center channel is MTM whereas the surrounds are MMT, i can do it as both if someone wants it that way

completely incorrect. mounting a tweeter close the mid has both its advantages and disadvantages. the same can be said for mounting the tweeter away from the mid. if you would like to discuss this topic post another thread.

enlighten me ...did you even read the word "coaxial" ? I fully agree that its better to put tweeter and mid as close together as possible , but not low in a door ........... that just doesnt make sense to me

It is always better to mount in a MT configuration over a coaxially mounted tweeter. Tweeters mounted in front of a mid is the largest contributor to errors in frequency response in speaker design.

how about fancy buss bars or multiply power inputs, like these ones I made out of a cnc, or rather power mill of my own.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

or led uplighting!

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

how about fancy buss bars or multiply power inputs, like these ones I made out of a cnc, or rather power mill of my own.

or led uplighting!

my cnc will mainly cut wood and plexi, and ill be able to engrave metal, but not really cut it, i dont have a cooling system built in for cutting metal yet

It is always better to mount in a MT configuration over a coaxially mounted tweeter. Tweeters mounted in front of a mid is the largest contributor to errors in frequency response in speaker design.

enlighten me ...did you even read the word "coaxial" ? I fully agree that its better to put tweeter and mid as close together as possible , but not low in a door ........... that just doesnt make sense to me

the beauty of my pods is that they can be mounted wherever you want, low on the door, in the pillars. wherever you want them to be mounted, they are not direct bolt ons for any car, they are ment for people who want to DIY it a bit

or led uplighting!

my cnc will mainly cut wood and plexi, and ill be able to engrave metal, but not really cut it, i dont have a cooling system built in for cutting metal yet

really cool that you own a cnc table for cutting wood .....if only I had the space (and than still I couldn't plot the damn thing to do that I wanted it to do )

I'm not agueing the that its better to have the mid and tweeter close together ... but if than not low in a door

and I can't help it eighter that there are so many ill designed coaxial drivers on the market ...

Edited by BASSmaster

Completely depends on the crossover frequency and the dimensions of the tweeter/mounting apparatus compared to the wavelength of the frequencies the mid is playing. It is entirely possible for the tweeter to not be "visible" acoustically to the response of the mid.

Yea, I was speaking of car environment. It's hard to get 100 or 200 hertz to wrap around when the speaker is a few feet from you. But of course there are exotic coaxials that help with the problem.

see this post is exactaly why i love this fourm over others like $MD or **** because people can say something and get corrected with a minimum amount of flame and hate. the vast amount of knowlage that people have is always expanding and with a minimum amout of hate you learn a a lot just by reading through posts.

sorry for my shit spelling my tabley for some reason is not spellchecking

That's because you have a lot of people here with experience and enough common sense to educate themselves.

here is the home theater center channel. you could also just order 5 of these for a MTM design in every speaker

all speakers will have rounded edges and include crossovers

remember the beauty of having a cnc allows me to make anyone crazy custom stuff, including engravings, portraits, and custom ports

imagine a port in the shape of anything

hometheater1.jpg

Edited by ak11667

Would you be willing to make custom boxes if given the dimensions?

yes, that will be one of my main offerings, i will even have 3 wood choices

MDF = low

Birch = mid

oak = high

What are the max dimensions your cnc can cut? How are you going to go about getting the box to the buyer? In pieces or ship it complete?

I really like what you're heading towards.

Any estimates as far as cost goes for the different wood choices? Obviously it would depend on how big the box is in the end. I'm not too knowledgeable on the different wood choices and have only used mdf. What are the advantages of birch and oak?

Could you offer kerfing as well?

Edited by stiffler style