sps1989

Unknown Static With Increased Bass

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-1400DVD, Audiopipe APSM-1500d, and Kicker L7 12 in a friend's 2011 Dodge Challenger. It all came together good. Sounded great while playing music off of his iphone and flash drive. And it sounds good when using the radio until i turn the bass knob up (max output at about 750 watts at 1 ohm). The more i turn, the more static i have. I have never heard of this happen before. What could it possibly be?

Is this static or distortion? Is it just in the sub or other speakers too? Just doing it through the radio or other devices listed?

Edited by BrutalBasser

Sorry I forgot to mention that its only coming from the door speakers. The sub Is fine. And its only through the radio, no other devices.

Are the door speakers powered through the deck or an amplifier?

The deck

You said bass knob, is this to the amplifier, or the eq on the deck?

Sorry to the amp

A good start to a fix would be to ensure your deck is well grounded, and all connections are secure. I will go out on a limb and say it is coming through the sub as well just not as audible as in the door speakers. Sounds like a grounding or interference issue to me. Perhaps someone here may chime in if they have an idea other than that.

I should read closer next time.

Edited by BrutalBasser

Thanks. I will see if moving the ground from the harness to a chassis ground does anything