Sign in to follow this  
tbendubois

Question about power to my woofer

Hi everyone,

I had an amp putting out 2100 watts at 1 ohm on my SP4 18" (Stereo is currently out of the car for the Canadian winter) and I had a couple questions. This is my first build with a large woofer.

I set the gain on the amp using my oscilloscope when I had hooked everything up, and I think it might just be my inexperience with this amount of bass, and I don't really know what I should be listening for. The excursion of the woofer is really high and I think I just have no reference point on what should be happening (coming from two 10" woofers on my first build).

I don't think it is possible to over power the woofer with this amplifier, and I'm not getting a distorted signal (tested with the scope) and doesn't sound distorted either. Do I have anything to be worried about? What should I be listening for or checking when I hook this thing back up in the summer?

Ported enclosure? How did you set your SSF?

Maybe I missed it- what is the worry or question? The power that your supplying to it? As long as its clean power (sounds like it is) its fine. I have approx 4k on each of my SP4 18's & they luv it!

Sign in to follow this