sps1989

Possible Hairtrick?

I have a DC XL m1 18 that i am wanting to put in my truck (02 Silverado 1500HD). I am thinking about taking the 60 part of my 60/40 back seat and making a box above my amp rack. I am wanting to tune to 30 hz or lower and would like to possibly do a hairtrick. Is it possible to do in my truck with a single 18?

Here is what I have right now:

1 DC XL m1 18 D2

1 Crescendo BC2000D

1 Mechman 270 amp alternator

1 Stinger SPP1500D battery under the hood

All 1/0 for big 3 and running to amp

This is a box I come up with

MyXL18at30noseat.png

Would I need more port? Should I change anything else? And where should I place the port? the sub will either be facing up or forward. Should the port face forward, up, or in some other direction?

I would do sub forward and port up. I would also not worry about doing a hairtrick. It either will do one or it wont. I have seen setups that hairtrick like a boss and sound like complete ass.

^^^ he's right.

you might be able to do it, you might not. there is only one way to find out.

but don't expect crazy hairtricks!

Oh i dont expect anything crazy. I just want something to say i did one pretty much. I wanna move some air

go for it, its the only way you'll ever find out if it is possible.

good luck and show us the results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By jcarter1885
      Deadener should be here Friday. I doubt I'll get any work done since there is a car show in town this weekend but I want to do something. I will mount DSP and try to get the ground side of the Big 3 done sometime this week.

• By Joshdashef
      Hello and welcome to my daily headaches! I'll start this build log off with my past setup, my current, and finally update throughout December as I work on probably the furthest this little Civic will let me go.
      My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joshdashef1/

The Past Build:
      Head unit: Pioneer 80 PRS 
      Mono Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime 750.1
      Subwoofers: Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12" (two)
      Kicker 4 gauge amp kit OFC
      Stock Electrical (alternator included)
      Did do the big three sometime between here and current build
      Prefab Box: Q-Power Box (Dual 12s)
      Tips: Tesa taping RCA's, Marking RCA's Low/Mid/High or similar, 

Big Three with loom. Wire was Sky High 1/0 OFC with some 1/2" loom I believe. Old military style terminals (DO NOT USE THESE) they cracked my battery eventually. 

• By Blackink
      Getting rid of all my car audio equipment. Prefer to sell the big subs and amps locally in southern California, but I'll ship. Up for grabs:
      P.S. Also giving away for free 50sq ft of RAAM BXT II sound deadener ($175), 15ft of KnuKonceptz 4 gauge ($15), 13ft of Trystar 1/0 gauge ($25) to buyers while supplies last.
      ***(2) BNIB SOUND SOLUTIONS AUDIO SSA ZCON 15" 2250 RMS D1*** These are top of the line daily driver/competition subs. Never been used or plugged in and in original packaging. $375 each shipped.

***(2) DC AUDIO LEVEL 4 XL 15" 2000 RMS D1*** Beastly sub with clear lows and clean sound, great as a daily beater. Ran for only a year on upgraded electrical- ho alt, 2 batts, big 3. $275 each shipped.

***AUDIOPIPE AP30001D SUPER VALUE CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Used for a year on an upgraded electrical system with a 275 amp alt, 2 batts, and big 3 pushing a pair of DC Level 4 XL 15" subs. $190 shipped.

***ATOMIC AT-5000.1D MASSIVE POWER CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Underrated and stable at 1 ohm and can be used at .5 for music. Will burp at .25 ohm and heard people burping from .135 ohm. Beastly amps. $575 shipped.

***JL AUDIO HD600/4 SEXY 4-CHANNEL*** Bought in very good condition  to use with an sq system that I never installed so they've been sitting around. $400 shipped.

• By antoinez28
      I have for sale two crescendo bc 2000 for sale both are about 1 1/2 years old good deal power by two g31 batt juciebox, and crescendo logic...pushing 2 18" ethos strapped at 2ohm never seen below 12volt...I had to push them....got warm in this hot Kansas City weather...both will come with bass noobs and one with owners books the other might be lost during a move with both boxes from crescendo...I love these things they both went to db-r for repair but nothing major I had a bad ground and thought I blew them both
      Crescendo BC2000D
      Stable down to .5ohm on strong electrical.
      Up to 16.8v capable on BC2000
      Remote Bass/Gain knob with Clipping Indicator.
      Custom tooled, proprietary Multi-piece Thermal optimized Heatsink with patent pending interlocking slide-out CNC engraved top plate.
      2 stage copper anodized removable top plate.
      Silver plated high end hard-wired Tiffany RCA inputs and oversized 1/0 Power/Ground Inputs for efficient current transfer.
      Overbuilt Power supply with heavy copper traces and Military spec PCB/heavy duty standoffs for extreme vibration resistance.
      Manufactured using some of the highest quality and most reliable electrical components, with many 3% tolerance components throughout.
      Full 4-Stage Intelligent protection Circuitry 1 Year/1ohm comprehensive warranty with 2 year/.5ohm optional extended warranty available.
      Rated Power Output(RMS)
      Clean RMS power on 13.8v standard electrical system:
      Ohm Load
      BC2000d
      1ohm
      2ohm
      4ohm
      Dimensions: BC2000: 16"L x 2.75"H x 9.5"W (at widest point)
      I want 550.00 for the pair or 300.00 each shipped no lower
      I'm upgrading to a bigger amp dd-m4a

• Recent YouTube Posts