EPerez

Zcon or Xcon?? or other?

Hey everyone! So my dad leased out a new 2012 Fusion Sport and has had it for about 3 months now. We were talkin about selling my trailblazer and i just take over the lease! He's a great salesmans at Hines Park Ford in New Hudson/Milford, Michigan and he can get a demo that the dealership will pay for. Also if you want a ford go to him lol. I'm pretty lucky because im only 18 and i'm gettin a 2012! Love my parents!! :D

I have not yet measured out the trunk yet but it looks fairly large. The size of the box I can fit will determine if I will choose 2 15s or 2 12s. I dont want to squeeze 2 15s in the trunk if it wont be optimal. I plan to have subs and port facing forward sealed off. Also box will be built by me and will be custom designed most likely by Buck. He's done all of my designs for me and friends.

For my electrical, it is completely stock right now. I will be getting a H/O alt, doing big 3 in 0ga, and installing a second batt in the back. I do have a deka 9a31 for my second batt but i want to sell and get a xs d3100.

My equipment consists of 2 Crescendo BC2ks and 1 Kicker zx1000 (i absolutley love these amps!!!!!!!!!). The nendos will be for subs strapped together and zx1000 will be for mids and highs.

So the big decision for me is the sub stage. I have heard nothing but good things from the SSA line and I really want to try them out. I have heard that the SSA subs dont need the rated power to sound good and get loud. But I'm not sure how much rms i can put to the subs with the H/O alt and d3100, i'm thinkin around 3k rms? Willl that be enough for a pair of Zcons or would that be more optimal for the Xcons. Also what other subs are around the same level as these that can be compared?? My budget is undetermined as of right now because i have to sell my trailblazer and figure out how much money i will have total to spend on subs. But if i dont have enough i will buy used or 1 and save for other.

I most likely am missing some info lol so if you have any other questions or need more info PLEASE ask. Thanks alot to everyone!! :)

Edited by tbPerez

Probably looking more optimal for xcons at that much power. uhm. The xcons are very very great and smooth sounding especially in a ported enclosure. What will your mids and highs be ran by? Zcons get pretty nasty loud but they still sound great! that ive heard one on had in person is a no but ive heard lots of great things about the zcon, and xcons are truely phenomenal. Nem has a set of 2 18s in his 4 runner with a sick front end and it sounds ungodly good. so smooth. in your car most likely would wanna do 15's if your putting them in the trunk.

You cannot run your mids and highs with that kicker amp. And I would suggest doing 12's, what are your goals for the setup?

Probably looking more optimal for xcons at that much power. uhm. The xcons are very very great and smooth sounding especially in a ported enclosure. What will your mids and highs be ran by? Zcons get pretty nasty loud but they still sound great! that ive heard one on had in person is a no but ive heard lots of great things about the zcon, and xcons are truely phenomenal. Nem has a set of 2 18s in his 4 runner with a sick front end and it sounds ungodly good. so smooth. in your car most likely would wanna do 15's if your putting them in the trunk.

I do want 15s if i can get an optimal box. I just havent measured anything. Back up to 15s not fitting properly is just 2 12s. Are you asking about what mids and highs or what amp will be running them? Anyways mids and highs as of now, i have 8 audioque 6.5s but i plan to jus sell them all and go back to the crescendo 6.5 components. They will be powered by the Kicker ZX1000 2 channel amp. I just didn't know if the power would be okay for zcons.

Oh i remember now!!! For the music that i listen too, i listen to mostly rap and hiphop but i cant go without my country, dubstep and dance/electronica music!

You cannot run your mids and highs with that kicker amp. And I would suggest doing 12's, what are your goals for the setup?

Did i say the wrong amp name?? it's a 2 channel amp and i have been running my mids on the amp since i got it. One sec let me go check it and why do you suggest 12s?

My goals are to have a strictly daily system that will play the music i said before and will get loud to ear. Meter doesnt matter to me. I obviously cant describe what i think is loud but enough to rattle your brains and feel it in your stomach/chest :)

Did i say the wrong amp name?? it's a 2 channel amp and i have been running my mids on the amp since i got it. One sec let me go check it and why do you suggest 12s?

My goals are to have a strictly daily system that will play the music i said before and will get loud to ear. Meter doesnt matter to me. I obviously cant describe what i think is loud but enough to rattle your brains and feel it in your stomach/chest smile.png

Well if your looking for more of a daily system then id suggest some icons that way you can go with 12's and still get loud. but still have room for an optimal box.

why icons over xcons/zcons? just wondering why it makes them more of a daily system?

Scratch that its the Kicker ZR1000 model.

As long as its a 2 channel with cross overs and high pass and whatnot. You will be fine with it. i'm sure your setup will be nice. now since your doing sealed you may be able to get away with 2 icon 15's in sealed enclosure in your trunk get some measurements tomorrow and post them up

As long as its a 2 channel with cross overs and high pass and whatnot. You will be fine with it. i'm sure your setup will be nice. now since your doing sealed you may be able to get away with 2 icon 15's in sealed enclosure in your trunk get some measurements tomorrow and post them up

yes the amp has all that. I think you misread it. I said subs and port facing forward sealed off from trunk. I will measure tomorrow and see once i get home from college.

That amp will work just fine. I suggest 12's because 90% of trunks aren't big enough to properly port two XCON or ZCON 15's

Also modding a lease is a no go, and another reason to stick with 12's.

OHHHH my apologies yeah i did read that wrong haha. But if your going ported 2 12 xcons would probably fit pretty nice!

That amp will work just fine. I suggest 12's because 90% of trunks aren't big enough to properly port two XCONs or ZCONs.

I wan

That amp will work just fine. I suggest 12's because 90% of trunks aren't big enough to properly port two XCONs or ZCONs.

I still havent measured it but i looks kinda big. How come not xcon or zcon 12s though? Just wondering why?

I still havent measured it but i looks kinda big. How come not xcon or zcon 12s though? Just wondering why?

I am suggesting you go with XCON or ZCON 12's just not 15's. I didn't finish my thought.

Also modding a lease is a no go, and another reason to stick with 12's.

I am pretty sure i am just going to buy it when lease is up.

OHHHH my apologies yeah i did read that wrong haha. But if your going ported 2 12 xcons would probably fit pretty nice!

Dont worry about it man it happens lol I think i just need to measure trunk and figure out what i can fit and just go from there.

I am a personal fan of bigger cone area subs because i feel like they get more of a sound output. moving more air. I like flex and i like good smooth music. that gets pretty loud on occasions! thats just me i'm not sure what you are into tho.

I am suggesting you go with XCON or ZCON 12's just not 15's. I didn't finish my thought.

Ohh gotcha. I forsure dont want to get 15s if they wont fit properly.

I am a personal fan of bigger cone area subs because i feel like they get more of a sound output. moving more air. I like flex and i like good smooth music. that gets pretty loud on occasions! thats just me i'm not sure what you are into tho.

I think the same thing! So yeah if i can get the 15s to fit properly then ill do 15s but if not then 12s is second choice.

I vote xcon 15s. Assuming the space is sufficient.

I think the same thing! So yeah if i can get the 15s to fit properly then ill do 15s but if not then 12s is second choice.

Everyone is a fan of cone area haha. But I would hands down take two 12's in the proper air space and enough port area over two 15's shoehorned in a small box.

OP my two XCON setup firing into the cabin should be done within the next week or so. I will have pics and vids in my build log asap.

I vote xcon 15s. Assuming the space is sufficient.

thanks for the input!

Everyone is a fan of cone area haha. But I would hands down take two 12's in the proper air space and enough port area over two 15's shoehorned in a small box.

OP my two XCON setup firing into the cabin should be done within the next week or so. I will have pics and vids in my build log asap.

Exactly what i think about what you said first. I will definitely be looking out for that. What vehicle and power?

Exactly what i think about what you said first. I will definitely be looking out for that. What vehicle and power?

Infiniti I30, and 1300 RMS.

Infiniti I30, and 1300 RMS.

Very nice.Good luck with everything!