EPerez

Zcon or Xcon?? or other?

How many mids & highs do you plan to use ?

You want to change brand ? Why ?

Use what you already have, or get better speakers !!!

:-)

I vote for 2 12s Xcon !

Honestly, I must admit the Icons are great subs. I had one 15" icon ported and I loved it. 2 of them should be enough, or even too much for your ears and for your car !!!!!!!

Good luck OP.

How many mids & highs do you plan to use ?

You want to change brand ? Why ?

Use what you already have, or get better speakers !!!

:-)

I vote for 2 12s Xcon !

Honestly, I must admit the Icons are great subs. I had one 15" icon ported and I loved it. 2 of them should be enough, or even too much for your ears and for your car !!!!!!!

Good luck OP.

I have 8 audioque 6.5s right now but only 60 rms each. I don't want to cut holes or anything in doors so I want to go back to crescendos mins and highs to put in factory locations.

I'm really thinkin bout some xcons!! :D

OP, I'm glad to finally see someone who can do some thinking AND reasoning for themselves. It's aggravating as all hell when someone asks a question like this and won't listen to any of the answers at all. That being said, it's nice to see that you're not going to try to cram a pair of 15's in there if it's not optimal, refreshing actually. I do agree that the XCON's would be your better choice whether the 15's fit for not.

I do want to ask, why the Crescendo speakers? As good as the XCON's sound I cannot imagine pairing them up with a bunch of pro audio speakers. Not that I have a great deal of experience with the use of pro audio equipment in car audio, but what experience I have had has shown me that without a great deal of pre-planning, careful driver selection and some good processing its really hard to get great sound from it. IMHO for all of what it would cost to do pro audio properly a person could invest in a very nice component set.

OP, I'm glad to finally see someone who can do some thinking AND reasoning for themselves. It's aggravating as all hell when someone asks a question like this and won't listen to any of the answers at all. That being said, it's nice to see that you're not going to try to cram a pair of 15's in there if it's not optimal, refreshing actually. I do agree that the XCON's would be your better choice whether the 15's fit for not.

I do want to ask, why the Crescendo speakers? As good as the XCON's sound I cannot imagine pairing them up with a bunch of pro audio speakers. Not that I have a great deal of experience with the use of pro audio equipment in car audio, but what experience I have had has shown me that without a great deal of pre-planning, careful driver selection and some good processing its really hard to get great sound from it. IMHO for all of what it would cost to do pro audio properly a person could invest in a very nice component set.

Well you guys have always said that smaller subs in right box is better than bigger subs in a bad box! I want to do it right and you guys are the pros so I have to take in every consideration you guys say even if I dont like it.

Honestly I wanted to go with crescendo because it matching my amps and I know that the company itself is amazing as well as its products. I am open to any opinions that anyone has for door speakers. I have 200 to spend for 4 door speakers. I dont know what size they are but i will find out. 1 speaker per door. The only reason i dont want to stick with the audioque 6.5s is because of the 60 rms power handling. I want to go up in power since i have the power.

Edit: The fusion does have 6x9s under back glass, i was thinking just leave those out and not replace them. Would that be a good decision?

Edited by tbPerez

Most Ford vehicles have 6x8 speaker openings. You'll have to make an adapter for whatever you decide to do.

Yes, I do think that concentrating your time, money and effort on just the front speakers is a good idea.

Having items match is okay, god knows I've done it before, but it's not necessary. If it's going to be a show car that lots of people are going to see, possibly even being judged at a show, it makes sense to do and possibly even need to happen.

I for one would rather have the best equipment I can afford of whatever brands it took to complete my goals than settle for whatever a brand sells that matches another piece of their equipment that has no direct bearing on the performance for the sake of it matching.

Most Ford vehicles have 6x8 speaker openings. You'll have to make an adapter for whatever you decide to do.

Yes, I do think that concentrating your time, money and effort on just the front speakers is a good idea.

I think your right, ill check on that. Do you have any speakers that come to mind that would be good? I have around 200

There's such a large number of choices out there, all I can do is recommend some that I've listened to personally and liked, but even that isn't really a good way to make a purchase decision.

The two biggest problems with recommending speakers is that what sounds good to me may not sound good to you, and EVERY installation is different. Those differences affect the overall sound of the speakers and can affect how good they sound even to the same person from one vehicle/installation to the next.

The best recommendation is to get out there and listen to as many sets as you can and try to understand what you like and don't like about what you hear. Try to learn how the installation affects the output and try to choose accordingly. Other than that any purchase will be a crap shoot. Buy and try. That, unfortunately, is how I've had to make the majority of my own purchases due to the fact I have a VERY limited selection to choose from to listen to and a limited understanding of the how, what and why it does or doesn't sound good, perform adequately, and whether or not it's a good choice or not.

I've not been able to find a one stop, tell all source of information that explains in detailed layman's terms exactly what makes one speaker better over another for MY situation, or how the T/S specifications translate to how a speaker is good for one situation and not another. I've found information on those subjects, for certain, but understanding EXACTLY how to use that information is still beyond my scope of grasp at this time. I know just enough to make myself VERY dangerous.

Then that's what i will do. I will try out the speakers i have now (audioque) and if i need more then i will upgrade to what will fit. As of now these sound good in terms of listening, but i'm not really sure what i like though, so i will try outt different speakers and figure what sounds best for my application.

Thanks a lot alton!

Another problem i ran into is that the whole stock radio is kind of one piece and i feel leaving it would be the best option but is it ok for a stock head unit? its a brand new car and i think i read somewhere that the new radios are pretty good now for systems. I would get a PAC (if thats right??) and set up my system that way.

Can anyone help me with the problem i still have about leaving the stock radio in?

Another problem i ran into is that the whole stock radio is kind of one piece and i feel leaving it would be the best option but is it ok for a stock head unit? its a brand new car and i think i read somewhere that the new radios are pretty good now for systems. I would get a PAC (if thats right??) and set up my system that way.

A lot depends on how much processing your head unit does, and I don't know about Fords. I kept my dodge head unit but had to add an electronic line-driver because the passive LOC wasn't quite right. I later added an EQ and am happy with the results. I had a serious problem paying over $150 for a system bus and steering wheel control adapter on a new head unit and still lose the sat radio and dash display.

How come it wasnt right? Also what is it i exactly have to buy? I just dont want to change it out because it its all one piece and would look bad, also i want to keep the steering wheel controls.

It is all one piece but a lot of times the headunits with the 7-8" touch screens fit pretty well and they have adapters for them.

I dont know, I'd have to look at it to see if it would. Anyways I really don't have the money tobspend on such a thing. Usually the good ones start around atleast400

300-600

300-600

Ok I'll look into them. Thanks man!

How come it wasnt right? Also what is it i exactly have to buy? I just dont want to change it out because it its all one piece and would look bad, also i want to keep the steering wheel controls.

When I turned the volume up the sub wasn't getting as loud as the front stage. It sort of hit a plateau. I browsed a few forums (before I found this one) and found out about the Audio Control LC2i, it allows adjustments and fine tunings to the bass. I don't how subjective my opinion is/was, but I definitely felt it helped ALOT.

Ohh really? How expensive is that item?

Around $100, Crutchfield put them on sale before for $80. Audio Control makes great stuff right here in the US, but they need to modernize to digital or they might not keep up with the competition.

I wonder if I will need that? Shud I see how it will sound without it first?

300-600

Ok I'll look into them. Thanks man!

welcome bro! check into pioneer and uh theres a couple others i cannot think of right off the bat!

I like pioneer, I have one right now in my trailblazer and it works great.

Ohh and today I measured out the trunk and 2 15s wont be able to fit properly so I'm going wit 2 12s. Too bad the 15s wouldn't fit :/

Michigan you say, I would like to check out the install when you are finished. :)

Yes sir! I'm only 10 mins away from howell.

I think I'm going to go with the zcons. I plan on keeping the next subs I buy for quite a while so if I get the zcons, I can aalways had power later on which will prevent me from buying new subs.

Thanks to everyone who has put their input in and helped! :)