Quentin Jarrell

Ethos motors have been ordered.

I'm expecting them to be in for tax time. I'll post preliminary small signal parameters for each size based off FEA programs however official T/S parameters will not be posted until I have each size and coil configuration Klippel tested.

In addition to Small signal parameters I will have Large Signal parameters list which is what will be used to determine enclosure specifications.

Below are the preliminary pricing I am expecting these to MAP for. They may very a bit but I don't expect it to be more than 5 or 10 bucks more or less.

10"= $275

12"= $282

15"= $290

18"= $305

The 12" Klippel results can be found above. They will change slightly due to cooling that was added and a bit longer coil to get xmax to 32mm.

And I am using a black chrome finish on the motors.

The 12" Klippel results can be found above. They will change slightly due to cooling that was added and a bit longer coil to get xmax to 32mm.

I missed it somehow here on mobile... what was the RMS of this sub?

http://www.soundsolu...679#entry942679

I don't have "official" rating yet however during Klippel thermal testing around 2,500-2,800 watts was applied free air for two and a half minutes, no mechanical limits were hit and coil temp leveled off below 100 kelvin increase (normally when a coil fails). That's all the amp had at that ohm load so the test was stopped. I banged on it pretty good with two IA 20.1's strapped to it. It got a little stinky but no physical discoloration or mechanical bottoming (spider will hit before the coil). It's not a scientific test but offers a little real world testing. This was using a 60mm long coil, the new coil will be 70mm long. So I fell pretty confident that it'll be around 1,700-1,800 watts rms.

http://www.soundsolu...679#entry942679

I don't have "official" rating yet however during Klippel thermal testing around 2,500-2,800 watts was applied free air for two and a half minutes, no mechanical limits were hit and coil temp leveled off below 100 kelvin increase (normally when a coil fails). That's all the amp had at that ohm load so the test was stopped. I banged on it pretty good with two IA 20.1's strapped to it. It got a little stinky but no physical discoloration or mechanical bottoming (spider will hit before the coil). It's not a scientific test but offers a little real world testing. This was using a 60mm long coil, the new coil will be 70mm long. So I fell pretty confident that it'll be around 1,700-1,800 watts rms.

Nice!

Very Very nice. Amazing pricing.

This brand will be direct only, so no dealer mark up's. Once I get settled and get stock on hand I'll have a few of each size and ohm load already built so lead time will be kept to a minimum.

I'll definitely stay up on this. Since you're somewhat local. I think You're only about 2 hours away. Usually takes me 35-40min to get to Slidell.

Any update on the higher spl line you spoke of once before?

The big MMAG sub I have spoke of before will not be ready till the end of next year at the soonest. It features three top plates which in turn creates three magnetic gaps that provide around 75mm of one way xmax at 70% BL. Since no baskets or softparts will currently physically allow that much movement, let alone be linear, I've got to wait for parts to be made.

I do however have a Big overhung motor sample coming with the Ethos production that features a 11" OD 2" thick magnet and 50mm thich top and bottom plates. The coil used with is a 100mm long 3 inch 8 layer aluminum coil.

270mmmotormagneticfield.jpg

Above is a magnetic model of the big overhung. I've also got sample of a 20mm xmax and a 10mm xmax motor coming as well.

The big MMAG sub I have spoke of before will not be ready till the end of next year at the soonest. It features three top plates which in turn creates three magnetic gaps that provide around 75mm of one way xmax at 70% BL. Since no baskets or softparts will currently physically allow that much movement, let alone be linear, I've got to wait for parts to be made.

I do however have a Big overhung motor sample coming with the Ethos production that features a 11" OD 2" thick magnet and 50mm thich top and bottom plates. The coil used with is a 100mm long 3 inch 8 layer aluminum coil.

I guess the waiting shall continue another year :(

To produce newer softer parts and baskets to allow such travel, isn't that going to be one big investment on you're part? to pay for R&D and such?

I guess the waiting shall continue another year sad.png

To produce newer softer parts and baskets to allow such travel, isn't that going to be one big investment on you're part? to pay for R&D and such?

I got a great group of guys for R&D that have a shop full of goodies to minimize wasted time and effort. But like all new developments there is monetary investments to be made. Tooling alone to build one complete driver is roughly 50 grand

I guess the waiting shall continue another year sad.png

I got a great group of guys for R&D that have a shop full of goodies to minimize wasted time and effort. But like all new developments there is monetary investments to be made. Tooling alone to build one complete driver is roughly 50 grand

As long as you have actually step foot into the venture, than I cannot do anything but wait in joy!

topviewframe.jpg

sideviewframe.jpg

The above will give you a general idea. A 12" using a 12.5 OD will allow the use of a 2.75" wide surround and retain the same SD as a typical 12 inch sub.

The above 12 inch basket will allow for a 11.25 inch spider.

Looking at around 90 days till everything comes in. So I'll say ETA will be 2nd week of March. I will only have 12's and 15's avaliable for this first run.

On Jan 1st I am going to start a pre-order. The below is Shipped pricing to the lower 48. It'll save you about 40 bucks off or normal pricing plus shipping. The 12 weighs roughly 65 pounds.

12"= $290

15"= $300

I'll take one when they come in.

I'll be grabbing a 15 as well. Are you working on any lower lines?

I'll take one when they come in.

im thinking so too.. maybe we can work it out and get the same impedance. so if you want to sell me yours after checking it out.. or i wanna see you mine after ... what ever ya know?

No 10's on this order. But they would be around 7.75 inches mounting depth. The motor itself is 125mm tall.

will they be using a std basket?

Yep standard 12 spoke.