SMpaintball78

Best shallow subs for my truck

ok guys, im looking into some shallow mount 10s for my truck. i have found a box that fits under my back seat for 2 10s. its sealed and has a mounting depth up to 5"s. air space is only .55 per sub :( sow hat do u guys think? i have found some mbquart 10s that will work perfectaly but i figured id ask my audio bros :)

I Must Break you!

LIAR! You said you was gonna wait a while...

I thought SSA would be totally different with you gone.. No more pregnant nightmares at 10pm at night on SSA anymore.. I thought we were gonna be in heaven...

But NO.. You had to come back in here and ask about some damn boom boom..

Well.. i guess the only thing i can say is let me help you...

Shit..

Ok, are you willing to remove your center console and build a new one that would house a single 10" sub ported?

That was my idea for a buddy at work.

The BEST I have found so far-

Shallow Mount Alpine Type R- http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27184_Alpine-SWR-T10.html

Pioneer - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Shallow+Mount/TS-SW2501S2%7CS4

I stopped after those two. Alpine MAX is 0.5 sealed.

i meant i was gonna wait awhile to do a BIG system again lol and thanks for bringing up the pregnant.. how could i forget haha. but ya this stock ford system is SHIT and i gotta do something... lol the box i found is for 2 10's under the back seat which is what i want. completly hidden and still some good bass :)

I run the MTX 12" shallows in my truck and they are awesome. Using an AQ2200 at 1 ohm and they take it like a champ! Been in the truck 33k miles now and still going strong.

Could always just go bigger on the front stage. :)

I'd much rather have a rockin' front stage than a sub ANY day of the week.

Yea, there ya go Lantz.

Do that project. Remove your door panels and go to work completely on the doors.

Learn about deadening, enhancing your front stage greatly so ifwhen you do want some actual subwoofers, the front stage is plenty optimal.

I was gonna do that, didnt like any of them. So i went with lifting my rear seat 3 inches on some c-channel and bought an icon. Not sure if thats an option with the ford or not. Mines a silverado.

Edited by arctictwist

I was gonna do that, didnt like any of them. So i went with lifting my rear seat 3 inches on some c-channel and bought an icon. Not sure if thats an option with the ford or not. Mines a silverado.

i was thinking on doing that BUT the back part of the seat what u lean on buts right up to the bench part so lifing it isnt a option :( im either going with the mbquart 10s or the mtx shallows. as for the front stage, i can get a good deal on deadener and components. although i think i want to get something different.. as far as compnents go.

Ahhh ok. Yea mines all one piece so im able to. They have the new sundown components here

I am using JL Audio ZR800-CW for midbass. They do not have the mirror shaking sub bass output but 90% of the demos I give people have no idea that I do not have subs installed. BTW the ZR800 was never designed to be a sub but form 50hz up they sound great.

Fosgate P3 shallow mounts are great also. Everyone has given you some awesome choices. Id go with the alpines, sundowns, or fosgates. But to be honest doin and all new front stage would be a great idea so when you go big you dont have to go any bigger with your front stage :)

Fosgate P3 shallow mounts are great also. Everyone has given you some awesome choices. Id go with the alpines, sundowns, or fosgates. But to be honest doin and all new front stage would be a great idea so when you go big you dont have to go any bigger with your front stage smile.png

i was going to do 2 10/12 rfs in my trunk, i totally forgot about alpine. i did consider JLs but they are kinda pricey and for the amount spent, i could get 2 rfs. i only considered these 2 subs because they look sweet. i have to search the net for the RF because i want the older model, not the new one(probs check on ebay).

have u done anything yet? i already kinda sketched up a box plan totaling at about 10 cu inches per sub( 16 x 14 x 7-1/2)