Sign in to follow this  
Fastass09

Problems with FI Q 10

Hey guys i have a FI Q 10 that is run in .5 cu ft sealed its run by a Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp.

Problem is that when you get any kind of power going to it the driver seems to unload starts popping like its has reached the mechanical limit and this is what i would consider to be at a very low volume not sure what to look for to figure this out is there anyone that has had same problem. Please help really want to hear what this thing can do any advice would be apperciated.

How did you set the gain? What are your head unit settings? What coil configuration, and what is it wired to? Can you provide a photo of how it is wired? Is the enclosure 100% seaIed? I know that I have asked a lot of questions but it will help narrow things down.

Fully loaded with hi qts dual 2 ohm coil wired down to one ohm. The head unit is set with sub out at -3 63 hz on the crossover gain is only about a 1/4 of the way up and yes it is 100% sealed

Fully loaded with hi qts dual 2 ohm coil wired down to one ohm. The head unit is set with sub out at -3 63 hz on the crossover gain is only about a 1/4 of the way up and yes it is 100% sealed

That is a shitload of power for a Q. Can you post a pic of the sub and how it is wired? What does your electrical consist of? HOW did you set the gain? What head unit do you have?

2500+ watts on a 1200 watt sub might be the problem man..way too much power.

Gain down and zero out HU setting instead of -3 or whatever you have. Actually put your gain to the absolute minimum......

pioneer z-140 bh the wiring on the woofer is so basic positive to positive negitive to negitive have not properly set the gain on the amp yet but i did not change anything but the sub i went from two sa-v2 to the one ten and thats where all the trouble began

Ok ill try all suggestions and get back with you but im telling you its not even close to the limit but ive been wrong before thanks for all the help that sub is going to end up in my wifes Benz looking for a N2BTL 12 for the car i like it alot louder than the ten will provide but still a bad ass woofer no doubt

If it is clanging..that means the coil is running into metal. This is either caused by a leak in the box, or too much power..or a combo of both.

That amp will do ~1400 at 4 ohms. Try wiring it to 4 ohms.

Sign in to follow this