james_8997

Help pick sun/components, 2012 Gmc crewcab

Hey guys, first post. I just picked up a 2012 gmc. It needs a system. I want it to out do my four door integra (alpine type s components on Kicker 250.2, DD 1512 in pre fab ported box on 750 watts rms.)

I'm thinking two SA 8 v.2, RE XXX6.5 components. I already have the head unit, Sony XAV-63.

What do you guys think?

Try finding a set on black Friday sale. U won't regret the hertz hsks

Don't take the suggestions too much to heart. What sounds good to someone is mostly subjective. For example, I seem to prefer my music a little "brighter" than most, but that's how I like it. Everyone's hearing is different. The only thing people can really tell you is what they think sounds good. There are some extremes and exceptions, but not too many.

How do you want it to out do the system in your integra? You're loosing a small amount of cone area by going from the single 12 to a pair of 8's, but you're going to end up with a significant more amount of motor force.

Are you going to port the SA's? I had a pair of the 15's in both a sealed and ported box. In my opinion, they fell short in both output and sound quality in the sealed box. I liked them much, much better in the ported enclosure (as do most people).

Edited by Frostedflakejake

Yes I the SA will be ported

As far as the hertz, it would have to be a smokin deal for me to bite the bullet on that lol. I'm looking for clean and loud, almost all my music is rock and heavy metal, great mids and highs and responsive bass is What I'm after

I wouldn't go with anything new from RE, not the same company. If you're happy with the Alpines why not upgrade to type r's.

Ive had both the Type s Components and the Hertz Hsk's. I really quite liked the Alpine Type S components for the money. My (Personal) opinion with switching to the Hertz was. More output overall, Highs were clearer but not harsh, also midbass was better. Ive listened to other high end speakers in a sq truck Hertz MLK components and found them super harsh, sounded great but after a few mins my ears felt like they were bleeding. My Hertz Hsks were the first speakers to actually give me goosebumps. My friends will come to my truck just to listen to new music in my truck. :)

Completely agree on the hertz but i am partially biased towards the brand myself.

I have had quite a few sets over the years and the hertz have far exceeded any and all expectations.

They are a set well worth what you pay for them even if you have to save a few extra weeks to get them you will be well rewarded for it

Ok if there really that great, ill save up for them lol. I will probly disconnect the rear speakers and just run the front components

As mentioned, components are hard to recommend as so much is dependent upon personal taste.

How much space do you have for subs? If you have the room I think going a different route in that department might be beneficial.

8's and subs are an only if you have to. Cone area is king and diameter is the way to gain it. That being said, enclosure limits FIRST then sub shopping NOT the other way around.

Components you should go listen to as many as you can. By far the best way to narrow things down.

There's no shops around here that carry components so I can't demo any lol

I don't have much room, Iv been emailing Dave the box guy, to see if those two 8s could fit under the seat nd meet the airspace they need.

A single driver is cheaper than a pair and usually nets you an output and capability boost.

Meaning what exactly? I really don't have much ro, two sq feet at most, how could one sub, probably a 10, out perform two smaller 8 inch subs