Sign in to follow this  
GoBigRed313

Looking for a good value 10" sub

Howdy. I am in the market for a new sub to go in my Mazda 3. I have my eye on this Audio Integrations custom fit sub box to help claim back some trunk space, and hopefully not sacrifice a ton of sound. It has ~.7 cubic feet, available, and has 7" of mounting depth. I have about 700 x 1 watts rms @ 4 ohms to give the sub, and listen to all types of music (hip hop, rap, house/trance, metal, rock, etc). I am not looking for anything too crazy, but would like something that gives good bang for the buck. I see there are some good deals for black friday, and it got me thinking. Any suggestions?

i'm seeing on the site that their custom boxes are >300$, personally i'd try to build my own. with the power you have available a gcon would probably work great.

i'm seeing on the site that their custom boxes are >300$, personally i'd try to build my own. with the power you have available a gcon would probably work great.

Agreed, or contact DC on here and they will build you a better enclosure.

Agreed, or contact DC on here and they will build you a better enclosure.

x2 on the above!!

even if he builds it himself it should only be ~$100 in materials. how do they get off selling a "custom" box for over 300.

even if he builds it himself it should only be ~$100 in materials. how do they get off selling a "custom" box for over 300.

This box is molded to fit in the corner of the trunk. I get a 30% discount from Mazda3forums membership, so it's about $225 shipped. I am going this route because I don't have the time to put into a custom-build at this point in my life. I once did, but it's a sad realization I have had to come to that if I want something like this, I will probably have to buy it.

Who is DC? Does he have references? I apologize for my ignorance. I am sure he is legit, but I don't cruise the boards all that often anymore.

225 is better price then the 350 i was seeing, as long as the box is solid. idk about DC. perhaps you could find a used box from another mazda forum member if you wanted to save money there. if money isn't a big consern i think you will be happy with custom box and a sub like the gcon.

Edited by lithium

fi X might be another option. Fi just brought it back so i dont know how it compares to the gcon. you could model it in winisd and compare it to the gcon.