toyosup88

SSA gcon or AA chaos?

I'm looking to upgrade my 2 10" kicker cvx's with something better. It's a 2.6 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz. They will be powered by a kicker zxs1500.1 amp rated for 1581 watts. I was trying to decide between the gcons or the chaos. Gcons are only $183 each with free shipping and chaos are $220 each with $80 shipping for both. I want it to sound good but be loud. Are the chaos worth the extra money? Or maybe other suggestions?

I'd go with the gcon just because of the price, both are great subs.

I'd go with the gcon just because of the price, both are great subs.

That's what im probably going to do. I don't wanna miss the ssa black friday sale. Would i even notice much of a difference between the two with either sq or spl?

That will be more dependent on the box than the sub.

I did not want to start a new thread but I have the same type of question. I am trying to decide between a 12" SSA GCON and a 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. Their specs look very similar, but I was wondering if the 3rd spider as well as the sandwiched tinsels in the Chaos are worth the extra $100 (GCON currently on sale as well as free shipping on SSA products). I will only be running one sub in a 1.5 cu ft sealed enclosure, powered by a Nakamichi pa-1500 in a 2ohm load.

This sub will go in my daily driver so this is not a "which is louder" question. More of which one has the least likelyhood of failing if pushed periodically. Basically, do those 2 different qualities that make the Chaos more durable translate to a $100 better subwoofer in the real world?

Also, which sub has the better sq?

Edited by rloyola0426

No, in my opinion the Chaos is not worth 100 more. But again either one is a good choice.

I did not want to start a new thread but I have the same type of question. I am trying to decide between a 12" SSA GCON and a 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. Their specs look very similar, but I was wondering if the 3rd spider as well as the sandwiched tinsels in the Chaos are worth the extra $100 (GCON currently on sale as well as free shipping on SSA products). I will only be running one sub in a 1.5 cu ft sealed enclosure, powered by a Nakamichi pa-1500 in a 2ohm load.

This sub will go in my daily driver so this is not a "which is louder" question. More of which one has the least likelyhood of failing if pushed periodically. Basically, do those 2 different qualities that make the Chaos more durable translate to a $100 better subwoofer in the real world?

Also, which sub has the better sq?

If either of them fails due to being pushed, it will all be due to the idiot behind the volume knob. It has nothing to do with the driver itself, just how you control it.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I will stick with the SSA GCON. Now those 21 days + national back order need to go by faster...

Thanks for the advice, guys. I will stick with the SSA GCON. Now those 21 days + national back order need to go by faster...

It is worth the wait man. What coil configuration are you looking for? Tirefryr has two D4's that he is selling brand new.

Just saw that you need a 2 ohm load, send him a PM and you might be able to grab one right away!

Crap, I just ordered a 12" GCON D4. How do I cancel my order with SSA? I knew I should have waited.

No worries man, I'm not even sure if he wanted to split them up anyway. Now you can get one straight from the factory, and help support a great company!

I wonder how much that national back order is lengthening the wait time though. A month already seems like forever.

I wonder how much that national back order is lengthening the wait time though. A month already seems like forever.

I'd say that you are looking at the full 21 business days (plus or minus a few days) due to the extra orders around the holidays. I can tell you that the wait sucks, but once you receive the sub you will quickly forget about the wait.

Gives you time to get the box done and other ancillary installation things finished. The extra time in that regard always makes the install nicer.

Yup! I've already reached out to dc creations for a quote on a box. Any other builders you guys recommend out in the southern California area that is reasonably priced with reasonable turnaround time?