Jason Witt

Rear Doors Slapping

I am having major issues with my rear doors opening about 3/4 inch every time my bass hits. It's actually starting to dent the jams and chip the paint. On top of that it is loud and I can't figure out a way to solve this issue since I need the doors to remain functional. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

what kinda SUV im guessing?

Would some 1/2" or 1" thick foam work? maybe you could glue it to the door jam if the foam will compress enough.

Edited by stiffler style

Pretty sure that it's his Neon.

Pretty sure that it's his Neon.

whhhhhaaaaaattt thats ALOT of movement from back doors on a car. are you sure its 3/4 of an inch?

videos?

This is happening with my SRT-4 Neon.

Would some 1/2" or 1" thick foam work? maybe you could glue it to the door jam if the foam will compress enough.

I'm not sure. It's pretty violent, I don't know how that would hold up. I have thought about that too.

It has gotten worse since this video.

I thought about trying to tighten the mechanism or something to that nature. I just don't want to mess it up anymore than the problem is now.

I would try some thick foam like I said earlier as that would be cheap and easy to mess with. It will be a tight fit and closing the rear doors would be harder, but it's cheap, somewhere to start and not permanent.

This might be wayyy out in left field, but would adding a lot of mass to the doors help dampen the vibrations or would it be negligible for this kind of flex and movement?

if you do a foam watch your self, it may cause water to come inside your car,...

when it hails here in texas people take blankets and open thair doors, then close the doors on the blaket to hold it in place... well every single time, the cars get flooded inside,

It's a Chrysler, just part of the deal when you buy one.

It's a Chrysler, just part of the deal when you buy one.

I don't think they design to account for extreme amounts of sound pressure. The car has been really solid since I bought it new.

if you do a foam watch your self, it may cause water to come inside your car,...

when it hails here in texas people take blankets and open thair doors, then close the doors on the blaket to hold it in place... well every single time, the cars get flooded inside,

That is concerning. At this point I am just going to try different things until something works well enough to call it good.

deading the doors and roof would be a good start i would think. i think you can unbolt the latch mech on the door and adjust it a little, to make it tighter,,, it the striker bolt plate fucked up yet?

To fix this you are going to need to:

Sell all of your equipment on ebay.

Install some sony explod products.

Problem fixed.

hope no one laughs at me but here is what i did.

0000007bn.jpg

0000006op.jpg

0000001n.jpg

i just cut some peal and seal and just built it up, water doesn't get in either.

i tried foam but didn't help.

deading the doors and roof would be a good start i would think. i think you can unbolt the latch mech on the door and adjust it a little, to make it tighter,,, it the striker bolt plate fucked up yet?

I am getting some dampening soon. The striker bolt itself is noticeably worn from the abuse. The plate is fine, I don't think the bolt is worn enough to have to replace.