Sign in to follow this  
Flawlezz_RyderzCC803

Would you run 4 15" audio pipe TXX bf's

I was thinking about running 4 txx bf 15s in a custom box, but i dont know if i should. if i do should i go ported or sealed. i've always went ported but just wanted to know would it matter. i'm getting the Crescendo BC5500D amp to power em, and 2 xs power D3100s. please help me out should i go with this setup? i already have the big three and zero everything from front to back.

With the proper electrical, space and the bc 5500D amp, I would not go with the audiopipe sub, I would look into the 4 x 15" fi ssd in a properly designed ported enclosure. But that's just me, I dont know your goals.

Giving more info on what you are trying to accomplish with a budget will get you better answers.

My budget is close to 3 grand. I was considering the txx bf because I have 2 12s on 1000rms, in a super bass pro box, and hit a 145.8 on a term lab meter. Everybody thought I had more

than 2 12s.

Is there a reason you wouldn't go with the bf's? I know Fi ssd is a bad ass sub, but what i'm trying to accomplish is, get a low cost pertty good sub and at least hit a 150 on a term lab. i have a video on youtube running my 2 12s on 500rms with the bass knob half way and the music level on 20 if you want to check it out.

My buddy ran those audiopipe subs and I must say that they were loud and took a bunch of power. With 3 grand I would look at better options.

What options would you suggest? They do take a lot of power. The 15s are 1200rms/2400max a pice thats why I'm going with the BC5500 and two or three xs D3100 depending on space. Going with four of em would put me at 4800rms. My battle grounds here in Hinesville/Fort Stewart and surrounding areas can barely hit 150 without like 10+ subs. It was a guy here with 12 12s in a chevy truck that hit 154.8 but thats out of my class anyway. Everybody keeps telling me to stay with the 2 12s and dont run 15s. What would you suggest?

If you got 3 grand, don't miss the SSA black friday sale. Hell of some deals...

For that kind of money I would go for SSA Zcon or Fi SP4.

Score is going to depend on a lot of variables including design and install.

ok i checked out the zcon and i think im goin with 2 of the 12s. thanks for all the insight.

ok i checked out the zcon and i think im goin with 2 of the 12s. thanks for all the insight.

Why not 4 12s? :P

i don't want to do 4 12's because if i did i would always have to go against my brothers in my CC. he's running 3 jl w7 on a american bass VFL somthin. I want to go 2 so i can stay in my lane. now i would go 4 with 15s cause thats a diffrent class, but with all the power im gone need, i'm gone have to leave some space for my batts, so i changed my mind and whent with 2.

I know it would be crazy loud but in a 91 chevy caprice i only have so much trunk space

I doubt you'd be able to get 4 15"s to get as loud as you want in a trunk, are 2 15"s not an option?

I'm going with the 2 ssa ZCON 12s. The shop where I get all my work done already told me they could build me a box, and I would have enough airspace and room for the batts. to power em. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone have any advice on how to get the pressure from my trunk to the cab. I've been having this problem since I started being a basshead. Is there any ways to build the box or aim the subs to do this?

Anyone have any advice on how to get the pressure from my trunk to the cab. I've been having this problem since I started being a basshead. Is there any ways to build the box or aim the subs to do this?

The shop building the enclosure should know how to do this, but 4th order ported through the rear deck is one way.

The shop building the enclosure should know how to do this, but 4th order ported through the rear deck is one way.

thanks. i thought that would help but i wasn't sure. i've been thinking about a port in the back deck for a while. i just didn't know if that was gone fix the problem or not. thanks