Robert

Crescendo component sets coming soon.

The Mezzo Series 6.5 looks nice, but as with any new gear, reviews would be interesting.

I have the CCX65 comps now. They sound great. Would like to upgrade to the Mezzos after some reviews :)

Looking sexy!!!

I think I'm going to order the mezzos since I can't decide on anything else hopefully I won't be disappointed. If nothing else at least they look damn good!

They definitely look schmexy. Is there any chance we could get some T/S data?

To read the description on the website of them they sound like an amazing set for the price, but I've been skeptical about that kind of information lately. I'd love to have some hard data available for the guys who know how to read and use it and see what they say about the set. Hell for that matter, I wish there was a handbook or tutorial on how to read and understand what the data really means and how to use it properly.

Didnt care for their previous components at all so hopefully they made some big changes.

Just purchased two sets! Can't wait to test them out.

Which ones?

Cool! Post your thoughts about them if you get a chance.

They definitely look schmexy. Is there any chance we could get some T/S data?

To read the description on the website of them they sound like an amazing set for the price, but I've been skeptical about that kind of information lately. I'd love to have some hard data available for the guys who know how to read and use it and see what they say about the set. Hell for that matter, I wish there was a handbook or tutorial on how to read and understand what the data really means and how to use it properly.

Crescendo seems to really lay on the fluff in their subjective descriptions, so I'd put zero weight in those.

It's nice to see the mid uses a shorting ring, though it doesn't say where in the motor it's used. Thickness of the ring also has an affect along with placement in the motor, so the basic fact it has one is no guaranty of anything. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

I've never heard anyone claim a phase plug has an affect on transient response before....that's a new one that doesn't make much logical sense to me. I also wouldn't call a phase plug unique considering there are thousands of drivers that use one. It's acoustic affect on that particular driver is probably minimal given the bandwidth it's playing.

I'm interesting in hearing more about the cone. Every "woven" cone driver I've seen actually looks "woven"....there is only one picture on the website and it's a side shot so the cone is hard to see, but it doesn't look woven. For example, here is an Usher that also uses a carbon/kevlar woven cone. Not sure if it's just a bad pic or if they use a non-transparent resin/coating on the cone. That said a carbon/kevlar can be a good cone material if it's properly designed (that's a big IF), though IIRC they are stiff and can have poor break up performance....which could raise some issues with the high'ish crossover point.

Crossover, no pics and not much info. Would be interested in seeing some measurements of this system off-axis and the behavior of the mid. Reason I say this is because if we assume the cone is 5.5" in diameter, it would start experiencing beaming at ~2450hz which is more than a half octave below the crossover point. And 3700hz is pretty high for any 6.5" driver to play, usually they run into some cone break up and other FR issues before that point.

Not much info on the tweeter, though I do find it interesting they talk about their measures taken to lower the Fs of the tweeter, and then cross it pretty high at 3700hz. Seems to me if the tweeter really performed well down low, they would have ran it lower in the set as I don't see the utility in a 3700hz crossover point other than protecting a tweeter that can't cross much lower.

The Mezzo look pretty nice. I like the top plate design. But like Impious said about the shortening ring, placement and thickness play huge roles. I would also like to know where they are coming from. I'm willing to bet they're not built in America lol. But they still look nice.

I'm willing to bet they're not built in America lol.

True, but what speakers are anymore?

I'm willing to bet they're not built in America lol.

True, but what speakers are anymore?

Not many. But there's still sub manufacturers.

Or are they german? Dutch? Korean, Vietnamese ect

Nothing from Crescendo is American made. Haha that gave me a good laugh.

Nothing from Crescendo is American made. Haha that gave me a good laugh.

No one said it was. It was an example.

Anybody know when the pre-sale ends?

Anybody know when the pre-sale ends?

I believe Navid told me late Feb.. I might be lying tho.

I got an email stating an issue receiving them from overseas. they extended the preorder to end of February when they are supposed to get them.

I got an email stating an issue receiving them from overseas. they extended the preorder to end of February when they are supposed to get them.

shyt MAC you're alive!!! maybe I just haven't noticed you on but I feel you were under a rock or something

Yea it's chinas new year so that's why it's late. But the shipment wasnt picked up in the first place.

Crescendo and shipping issues, nothing new.

The CZs. For the price I thought I would give them a try.

Just curious as to whether you ever got these in. Looking at those myself and would like some first hand opinion on how they sound.