Pradege

'11 Chevy Tahoe (Soon)

So I have finished ordering all the things for the build on my 2011 Chevy Tahoe. Will be my first build and I am still learning as I go, have helped a few friends with some builds but nothing as invasive as this nor by myself but I am looking forward to it. I plan on doing quite a bit to my Tahoe in this first stage of my build, going to pretty much gut the entire truck shitloads of deadener, replacing all the factory equipment with aftermarket. Not going for a flashy look I want to truck to remain as stock looking as possible which suites me cause I have no clue about fabricating anything (maybe try some later). Anyway this is what I finally went with:

H/U: Clarion NX702

Door Speakers: JBL GTO608C (components front doors) JBL GTO18T (tweeters A-Pillar) and JBL GTO628 (backdoors)

Door Amp: MB Quart ONX4.80

Subs: 2x ZCON 15’s

Sub Amp: Crescendo BC5500D

Sys Alt: stock Alt + DC Power 300 Amp SPX Series Alt

Batteries: D3400 (under the hood) D3100 in the rear (Will get a second one in time)

Deadener: GTMAT 80mil ULTRA (Floor, Doors and enough to double up the roof)

Power Wire: 150’ XS Power OFC (Big 3 + 2 runs of positive and negative to the rear)

Rest of the cabling: KnuKonceptz (Speakers, RCA’s, etc.)

HID: 10000K, High Beam, Low Beam and Fog Lights

Misc: Distribution Blocks and Battery Terminals from Toolmaker, ANL Fuser holders and too much other stuff to list.

There are some other misc. things I am doing Led lighting etc. The exhaust and new intake I will wait on until a little later or my wife may murder me if I spend more money on my truck. Won’t be able to start this build until I am back home around mid-December (currently in Afghanistan.) but I am pretty excited about it and my son is pretty stoked to start on this project. So I interested in what people think honestly.

The Ride

cVyU0.jpg

Sounds bad ass man.

Yeah i am really looking forward to doing this. A little nervous but just going to jump in head first.

Yeah i am really looking forward to doing this. A little nervous but just going to jump in head first.

That's the spirit !

Well finally made it back stateside. All the equipment is here at the house except for my subs but i plan on starting the build either this weekend or the beginning of next week. Loads of pictures incoming here in a few. Camera took some big ass pictures so need to shrink them down abit.

I'd love to see some pics. I'm going with some zcons and crescendo amps too! Badass equipment.

So got everything all lined up nice and pretty in the living room to take a few snap shops before the wife complains.

aQ0Xy.jpg

Truck is also in the garage ready and prepped for surgery.

Ul2V8.jpg

Some pictures of the equipment for my trucks facelift

Ff7wZ.jpg

New taillights as well

FohBm.jpg

DuorI.jpg

New HID's all the way around

JaHjt.jpg

150' of xs power ofc cabling

QvWnm.jpg

So whats going on the inside? H/U is a clarion NX702

ao8oE.jpg

sNuvV.jpg

Front Stage replacements will be all JBL component sets

kUxvt.jpg

Amp for the components will be a MBQuart 4.80

TF259.jpg

Main Crescendo Amp for the subs

zxgFi.jpg

MFcIG.jpg

6WaZS.jpg

The enclosure already got a coat of primer on it just going to do gloss black finish on it nothing special, but these pictures are before any painting happened.

SYBZi.jpg

xDVJE.jpg

cg9Pw.jpg

Back under the hood for the new cold air intake

RSuPp.jpg

And finally my DCPower Alternator was suppose to get a different type bu not even going to go into the circus act it took to even get this one in my hands and leave it at that

uZNxk.jpg

HoIWm.jpg

Will get some more pictures done up and posted when i have some more time but i guess these will suffice for now.

Sweet build man! Those Zcons should put in some work! Good to see JBL components, I love their stuff

just picked up a 07 tahoe. making a list of stuff to buy now. nice truck. any reason you went with xs wires instead of knukon? never heard of the toolmaker site. good stuff?

Nice equipment

where are you putting the tweeter that came with the component set?

I plan on mounting them in the doors at the moment but that may change after i get everything off and take a look at the interior of the door.

So been abit busy with family and the holidays but i started installing everything this weekend got all my hids done but have a blown bulb for the passenger low beam side so just waiting on a replacement to get here for that. The new headlight enclosures i bought i ran into a problem with them as the they required H1 hid lamps for them but i could not get them to safely fit into the enclosures so i scratched installing them and just went my stock enclosures. The new alternator is in and idling at around 15.21 volts with no load atm and only the one D3400 on it until i finish pulling everything out of the truck which i am actually in the process of doing. Should have the entire truck stripped out today and start laying down my sound proofing. The new deck is also installed along with the new cold air intake. Going to open the garage door and take some pictures. and post them in a few minutes.

So my truck has a black eye atm waiting for the replacement passenger side low beam hid should be here in a day or so.

Zosrl.jpg

Have my new taillights in as well will do the 3rd brake light once i get the interior out.

R0ZRu.jpg

Not a great picture of the clarion NX702 but it is up a running and sounding pretty good even on the stock system atm.

hIXMT.jpg

A wide angle of what it looks like under the hood right now.

xtWG9.jpg

The new alt and battery installed and running pretty good right now.

CBE2p.jpg

Idle voltage of the battery with engine running for the single d3400.

O5mTR.jpg

Work in progress stripping her out today.

1fMkU.jpg

My zcons are on the way today with my interior led lighting kit so will get a few pictures of them later when they arrive.

Edited by Pradege

Truck is clean--I like it. :D

just picked up a 07 tahoe. making a list of stuff to buy now. nice truck. any reason you went with xs wires instead of knukon? never heard of the toolmaker site. good stuff?

No particular reason. Just went with the same brand as the batteries i got. Tool maker makes all kinds of distribution blocks etc.

So as i am busy pulling all the paneling out of my truck the UPS man arrives with gifts.

qmrVQ.jpg

Things were packaged pretty well, i am pretty impressed by the packaging to be honest

ltsAc.jpg

tMO2G.jpg

Very heavy though smile.png Finally out of the packaging.

BsZsi.jpg

OtnDU.jpg

Yes started drinking pretty early and i think i need to clean that table off some hehe.

JAl1Q.jpg

Back to work on the Tahoe.

So finally got most of the interior trim and paneling out of the truck, wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. Last thing to do is take the roof down and start the applying the sound proofing.

GaPIE.jpg

QQ23Z.jpg

Son is currently vacuuming the truck out before we start the next phase.

awesome build man cant wait to see it finished