Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

Alt problem on a VW Golf tdi

Hi, I recently bought a 270 XP for a Golf tdi, direct from Mechman. It was for a friend of mine.

He runs 2 big amps : an MTX te4000 and a Lanzar opti 4x250, with 4 Optima blue batts.

The problem is the voltage : too high. It stays above 15v whatever he tries, giving him much problem with the car. After some electronic checkings, some error messages told him : too much voltage !

The alternator is internally regulated, so he can't just buy an external regulator.

What can he do ?

Now he had to disconnect the alt to drive safely, but he can't do that for too long. I think he is ok to send the alt back to Mechman because he can't do nothing with it.

He is, of course, really disappointed.

I forgot to say he had to do some welding on the alt because the "parts" holding it to the engine broke after a few minutes. He did not want to send the alt back to Mechman as they told him to do. Mechman would have sent him a new one. But we live far from the USA, so shipping is expensive.

Can he have some help, pleeeaaase ?!

You will have to try and call them or email them

I'll email mechman to check this out, now.

I'll email mechman to check this out, now.

Thank you very much !

I saw my friend this week end, and he told me he tried to disconnect a wire on the alt plug, and now it "seems" to work. But he doesn't feel safe at all !

Another friend of us bought a Mechman alt, when he saw they could deliver here (!!!), he is happy with it for now.

I think Mechman sold at least 2 alts for some locals since I bought this one for the VW golf!!!

;)

honestly once your frend modified it without following mechman iinstructons and sending it in your friend might have voided warranty. Call them and see what can be done but I would expect a bill to fix case and anything else on top of shipping both ways.

Edited by crunkjuice1

No need to fix case again. He did it as Mechman would. It was a case failure that was covered by the warranty. Mechman had a problem with some alt at this time, as they told us.

But for any mods, I know there would be a bill to pay. Slavery is finished, every work need to be paid, Nothing is free in this world !!! :)

You should contact four star or ezone in st Martin I have orders coming in every week and cost close to nothing on the ship.take 7 days minimum. from Sxm to madiana even cheaper than states direct to you must be expensive.i paid 32$ for 2 xs xp3000 from Miami to sxm.