fred57

Which would be louder?

Well that's the thing my dad owns his own buisness and is an electrician and basically told me to never buy wires or batteries again from the car audio stores as he sees me paying waaay too much when he has spools of every kind an all kinds of batteries. So that helps a lot as far as all that goes so all i do really need is the subs,amp,box,deadener and the alt which i can also afford and don't plan all just buying it all at once and installing it that day all rushed i can wait 6months for all i care. So that helps on the budget for electrical but thanks for the suggestions i'll see about that stuff too. An no just cuz he his 150 doesn't mean that's exactly why an i want to hit it to! no. i just think these jbls blow ass in a marquis.

So jon you don't even use the rear speakers ?

Edited by fred57

another reason why i would tell you to stay smaller is because big subs weight alot and so do batteries,

my car is SO heavy its not safe for a normal person to drive it... its just too much weight the car acts bad, and hit a bump going 70 miles an hour and your out of there,...... army kyle just wrecked his car.. and I think its because of the weight.

i tow for a living, so its no thing for me to controll an over weight vehical, also over 90 feet long i tow over a 125K dead weight with no breaks other then my rig every day... so im an above average driver....

weight is a car is no joke, i warn people all the time.. think bout it first... i would NOT drive my car every day, its hard on the tranny, the motor and everything else... i know its fun.. but once you get into big stereos you have big problems. just a warning

oh, and house or indutral wire and auto wire is not the same.

Well that's the thing my dad owns his own buisness and is an electrician and basically told me to never buy wires or batteries again from the car audio stores as he sees me paying waaay too much when he has spools of every kind an all kinds of batteries. So that helps a lot as far as all that goes so all i do really need is the subs,amp,box,deadener and the alt which i can also afford and don't plan all just buying it all at once and installing it that day all rushed i can wait 6months for all i care. So that helps on the budget for electrical but thanks for the suggestions i'll see about that stuff too. An no just cuz he his 150 doesn't mean that's exactly why an i want to hit it to! no. i just think these jbls blow ass in a marquis.

To me, your line of thought is completely wrong for the goals you're wanting to achieve. If the EXACT same subs, box and amp in another vehicle get louder and give the output you're looking for then there's nothing wrong with your subs, box or amp, you need to work on the installation in the vehicle. Your money would be WAY better spent ensuring you're getting the most out of your current vehicle than buying all new equipment and still having issues getting the bass out of the trunk and into the cabin of the car. The vehicle not allowing good transfer of the bass in the trunk to the cabin of the car isn't going to magically get better just because you got bigger subs and more power, you're still going to have a bass stifling vehicle.

Is there a solid plate behind the back seats? If not, and the box can fit up in there, remove that insulation board again and turn the box around to face the cabin. Slide it all the way up against the back of the seat and take some towels, rags, or whatever you can find and stuff it in around the box to seal it to the cabin of the car. If you gain some output after that, then you've got some idea of what you need to do.

I just don't see the point in spending all that money on new equipment to just have the exact same problem with the new stuff. Eliminate the REAL problem you have and make absolutely sure you're getting all that you can from your current setup before throwing money at things that have nothing to do with the problem at hand.

well can't do that with the subs either, the freakin gas tank is like right behind my seats, and the subs are behind that sitting lower. so the only space behind my seats is like 10inches high all the way accross where i could fit a pussy nothing, which is where jon has all his batteries or did lol. so i guess with the marquis there is no hope. Actually about the onlyi thing i can probably do is throw the mofos litterly in the backseat or wall it off and im not getting into all that on this car.

Edited by fred57

I could post a novel about what I think you should do. Instead I'll say read Jon's last two posts and strongly take them into consideration. I can almost guarantee that you would be thrilled with two 15" GCON's or Sa's in a custom box using the same amp that you already have.

Install > equipment

Alton --The vehicle not allowing good transfer of the bass in the trunk to the cabin of the car isn't going to magically get better just because you got bigger subs and more power, you're still going to have a bass stifling vehicle.

^that's what pisses me off, if you're saying basically i buy better shit an it still sucks, only thing i can do is deadin it i guess without cuttin holes in my deck.

Any custom box recommendations? as far as tuning and everything

You can always try removing the speakers from the rear deck, deadening the deck, trunk lid, and other areas of the trunk itself, trying the box facing forward and back, moved as far as you can forward or toward the back, and any other combination that a person can think of. Even if all that didn't work, you're not out any money moving things around or pulling the rear speakers, and deadening the trunk and all associated panels is something you should do anyway, then worry about new subs. My money is on you noticing a difference by opening the rear deck, deadening, and finding the sweet spot for those 12's.

alright cool, and eh tried facin them up before sounded a littttle better but now i have everything connected just right to where i'd have to re wire things if i started moving the box around altho it can only face one other way now anyway and that'd be towards the cabin but with the gas tank in front of it and i don't think that would really do much. I'll remove the rear speakers and do the deadin stuff first thankss, then i'll probably get some GCONS and make a box i guess. lol go from bls, btls,nightshades, 5500ds to a gcon and deadening ha

Edited by fred57

lol fred i feel your pain.. no one understand the ford panther body style trunk.. they always say "just face your subs forwerd and seat it off from the trunk" like im a dip shit and never thought of it!!!! ha ha.

its just not possible unless your going to run three 8's thats the only way.....

anyway. dont cut your deck lid. it does not gain that much.. and if you ever compete it will KILL you in class placement fucking assholes.

also... the loudest way to face the subs is port back sub back.... but the LOWEST playing can be ahcived with port up sub up. just depends what your going for....

my self.. im a self proclaimed ground pounder that competes for fun... but i meter at shows. then demo hard as FUCK for 3 hours or so untill throphies are handed out... i love to demo...

and i love my music low.. so i kinda go agaist the grain in ways.. im tuned untra low.. most of my music is custom made.. ( a pain in the ass) and my tuning KILLS me on the meter.. competing life would be alot easier if i would just tuned higher!!! i would murder the mic then......

but anyone that competes can tell you .. i do the hard thing in SPL..... i do a 150+.... out of the trunk... thats hard... but the really hard part is..... i do 150+ at 30 hrtz!!!! a very hard thing to do . for 2 15s in a trunk.

hell yeah that's cool, my next vehicle im going to make sure does not have an ass fucked trunk or a trunk at all lol... did you notice any difference by removing those rear speakers though? and yeah i thought about the 8's accross the rear too lol but forget all that.

the notice was minimal but i dont run a rear fill anyhow.. so it only makes sence for me to remove them. i have an active front stage,

i have had over 30 lincolns .. all from years 75 to current model... i love them... so i have no choice but to adapt and over come... untill i get a new lincoln... and seems how they no longer make the town car who knows!!!

Do you know where i can get plans for a box for 2 15's of either those subs? even ones i'd have to buy?