fred57

Which would be louder?

In a Grand Marquis, 2 15inch BL's on aq3500d or sundown 3500d. Or one BTL 18" on same either of the amps. or 2 18" BLs??

Extremely dependant on the enclosure design and if it is properly built. Considering its a trunk car, two 15's may even be too much. two 12's may be your best bet.

WELCOME.gif to the SSA forum

Yeah without knowing what space that you have this is impossible to answer.

20 Sony Xplod 6x9's would smash that btl.

what are your goals.

generally more cone area = louder, so I would take 2 15s over 1 18. 2 18s if you can manage to fit it

generally more cone area = louder, so I would take 2 15s over 1 18. 2 18s if you can manage to fit it

2 18's will not fit.

Maybe four 18s if you can fit it. Or a few 21s.

goals are just to upgrade somethin that hits harder than what i have now mainly for lows, now i only have 2jbl p1222's 12s now on a sundown 1500d stock alt and extra 1500batt in back. It is a huge trunk so i think it'd fit 2 15s in a nice box but need plans for the box with a good tuning around 30hertz. an i've seen someone even squeeze 2 18s in the trunk of the same car and it was a big box

Can you measure your trunks usuable space for us? then post them here. We need D,L, and H.

i have pretty much the largest box you can got in this trunk... what year is yours?

2 18s in that trunk IS NO WHERE NO HOW ENOUGH AIR SPACE>

I have a Grand Marquis as well. The best option is the 2 15's bc there's not enough room for the 2 18's. Do the 2 15's & you'll be happy.

Yeah i'll measure the dimensions, and it's a 2000 bigjon. yeah i was thinkin the 2 15's also, just need a good box plan. ill put dimensions up soon as a i can.

Which amp would be better tho out of the Cresendo Audio BC3500D, AQ3500D, or Sundown 3500D? the cresendo is the cheapest so lookin toward that.

You wouldnt hear the difference between them.

Which amp would be better tho out of the Cresendo Audio BC3500D, AQ3500D, or Sundown 3500D? the cresendo is the cheapest so lookin toward that.

It wont matter, you wont hear a difference between either one. If budget is an issue then go with the Crescendo amp or flip a coin.

Ok and yeah didn't think it would sound any difference or anything like that was just wondering more about the quality of them but i guess they're all just as good just different prices. Thanks

Ok the biggest dimensions i could probably fit are, 38" length, 23" heigth, and 23" depth little smaller than i thought. so if someone could show me a ported box plan for 2 15s that'd fit that'd be cool thanks.

Edited by fred57

you should be able to get 40 wide with ease... my black town car was a 02 smae trunk

ill post a few vids of my, BL15 's on a SAZ 3000D this was years ago

i enjoyed the BL's its a great first "real" sub.. it handles noogb abuse like a champ. its low enough and they did really well on the 3K

if you have any questions let me know..

Edited by bigjon

awsome thanks, yeah i measured with a ruler so it probably wasn't the most accurate just estimating a little short. i just need the box plans now i don't know how to create one in sketchup and all that to the right tuning and everything. So if anyone could post plans on one that'd fit that'd be awsome.

awsome thanks, yeah i measured with a ruler so it probably wasn't the most accurate just estimating a little short. i just need the box plans now i don't know how to create one in sketchup and all that to the right tuning and everything. So if anyone could post plans on one that'd fit that'd be awsome.

Did you do your first three posts in the newbie section? If not read the rules!!!

No i did not i read the rules but don't see anything about it saying to post 3 posts in the noobie section. But i did forget to include details in the box enclusure request. Will be using...

2 Fi BL 15's as daily

Crescendo BC3500d

It will be in a 2000 Grand Marquis

Used for mainly Rap and Techno

current setup is 2 12" jbl p1222's on sundown 1500d

goals are to have more BASS louder, feel it more obviously.

Damn Jon, those D's are nice AF!

Damn Jon, those D's are nice AF!

thanks, i loved having spokes.. i rolled them on 3 of my lincolns,. my 95 my 02 and my 75, 20 22s and 24's... i even bought a set for the new gold lincoln but.. the offset changed in 03 and it makes spokes stick out 2 inchs yuk! so.. no mo spokes for meunless i buy a older lincoln again..

damn fred i wish you were in texas i would sell you my box from the black town car.