fred57

Which would be louder?

i relized most the videos i posted were with nightshade V1s

these are the BL's

th_Picture007.jpg

th_Picture108.jpg

th_Picture109.jpg

If i get 2 of them as Dual 1ohm i can wire them to 1ohm on the crescendo 3500d right? or hows that work exactly would they see it as 2ohm??

Edited by fred57

I'm actually still not sure what i want to do. I think i should just get somethin a next step up. What subs would be good with the crescendo 5500d?? since i think thats too much for the nightshades ?

Why are you comparing a 275 dollar sub to a 550 dollar sub? What is your budget?

your all over the place now.....

yes i know im all over the place now. it's because everytime i get a damn system i just want more! so might as well get somethin better. my budget is eh a little over 2 grand. and do you mean why was i comparing a 1500rms sub to a 2000rms sub? cuz they sounded close. crescendo 3500d is $700 or less. sundown 3500d is over $1,000 and apparently they're the same so prices seem like they don't always necessarily mean everything. So any suggestions for 2 15's to go with the 5500d?

and just asking "rick" because you see people online sayin oh my bl is way louder than a nightshade! an $hit like that an i don't know what to believe online just tryin get get oppinoins.

Edited by fred57

and do you mean why was i comparing a 1500rms sub to a 2000rms sub? cuz they sounded close.

What do you mean they sounded close?

and do you mean why was i comparing a 1500rms sub to a 2000rms sub? cuz they sounded close.

and just asking "rick" because you see people online sayin oh my bl is way louder than a nightshade! an $hit like that an i don't know what to believe online just tryin get get oppinoins.

Edited by fred57

haha nevermind man

Okay...

Well the Bl and the Nightshade are both good subs but one is 2X the price. That is why I was asking why you were comparing them.

yes i understand that. Like i said i seen people "online" comparing the two and it's like they were leanin toward the BL an i didn't understand why but who knows who was typing that. just gotta use my own brain i guess! lol

What are the specs on your current enclosure?

prob just go with the crescendo bc3500d and 2 NS 15's unless anyone suggest somethin otherwise.

my current enclosure i can't say would have to measure. it's got two circular air ports in the center tho and it's 2 twelves its probably around 15" high and 17" depth and little under 30" inches length or about 30

why do you ask about the current enclosure?

Edited by fred57

my current enclosure i can't say would have to measure. it's got two circular air ports in the center tho and it's 2 twelves its probably around 15" high and 17" depth and little under 30" inches length or about 30

why do you ask about the current enclosure?

Where did you get it? I ask because the enclosure is more important than the sub that you put in it. You might be unhappy now because of the enclosure. Or it could be your bass trap of a trunk.

honestly i think it's the trunk, i heard the same system as mine in someones explorer or something. same amp,box,subs everythinng and it was waay louder. So it's like i have to overkill the marquis with louder shit just to make it bangin how i want it. Plus the 2 jbls are only 400rms and that's a big car..got the box from a car audio shop.

Edited by fred57

Someone said taking out the deadener behind the rear seats help. I did that and it sounded even worse so I put it back in. Without it, it sounded like less compact an just free flowin lightly. With it in is more dense and compact if that makes any sense.

Jon is the man to talk to about the car. He is doing 150+ in his.

yeah i see that lol, which is why im goin with the nightshades

Why is this in the FI section? And wouldn't a BTL and a Nightshade be a better comparison?

Just because you get nightshades doesn't mean you will be doing 150s as well, I hope that's not the main reason your choosing those subs.