djjdnap

Some basics for Sound Quality purposes

I read this a while back, not sure if i posted it or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optimum Speaker Placement

set-up_gain.gif

An often asked question by consumers on our tech support line is:

"What's The Best/Optimum Speaker Placement"to achieve perfect imaging?

optimum_spkr_placementw_window.gif

The attached images show good speaker placement and speaker angle for both door/kick panel and A-pillar installs.

Try to get as close as possibly to these speaker placements and speaker angles on your installs and imaging will always be improved/close to perfect.

optimum_allfront.gif

Stock door panels are often more than 30% muffling up clean clear path dispersion.

Why buy a good clean and detailed sounding speaker if it will be muffled by a poor door panel grill design.

Make sure the speakers are mounted as “far out” as possible in the door (on a wood baffle if possible) and make sure the door panel grill has design for a clear vertical and horizontal dispersion.

Stock door panels are often screwing up clean clear dispersion: Do Not mount a speaker “far into” the door and then cover with the stock door panel, stock door grills always ruin good musical sound quality and musical detail and imaging.

Dampening the door:

Dampen the door and door panel well, this is critical and important for good bass response and overall sound quality.

Check to make sure there are no air leaks around the speakers. 6.5” in the door only!

Don’t mount a 6.5” mid-woofer in a small sealed enclosure/kick pod, always use the door as enclosure for 6.5” and larger drivers. Mount the mid woofer far down and far forward in the door, aim toward dome light/sunroof area if possible.

drt26a_pil.gif

Good main Tweeter placement:

Always make sure the main component system Tweeter is mounted “close to the mid woofer” if possible angled toward the dome light/sunroof area. “Never” mount the main component Tweeter away from the mid woofer and or high up on the door sail panel or rear mirror location, never. Poor Tweeter placement:

“Never” use the side rear mirror location as your main Tweeter placement! Always mount the main component Tweeter close to the mid woofer location, always!

rightkick_door-07.gif

Proper system tuning:

Don’t hesitate to send an email to CDT should you have any specific install and or system amp gain setting or overall tuning questions. Email:info@cdtaudio.com

Edited by djjdnap

I'm 6'2" and despair because I could never drive a car with speakers in the kick panels.

cool...thanks for sharing

And a lot of that is absolutely wrong.

As with everything in a car there are compromises you make. Knowing what they are helps.

Don't get me wrong some tidbits are good, but by no means would i blindly follow that.

lol, i agree ^^^

and i dont like kickpanels either.

You take what you will and keep what you know

^^ they actually have 6.

2 are in the middle dash,

^^ they actually have 6.

Even better.

^^ they actually have 6.

One of the many reasons I dislike CDT

They come up with sales pitches to sell people a bunch of speakers they don't need.

Not many true audiophiles use 4 tweeters on front stage either.

What defines an "audiophile?"

I get the concept of the center tweeters, but it seem it would clash with proper imaging...

I get the concept of the center tweeters, but it seem it would clash with proper imaging...

Get what concept?

lol I've never heard of tweeters in the center for "perfect" imaging.. I've been living under a rock all these years

What defines an "audiophile?"

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Audiophile

Amazing what you can find with google.gif

It's amazing that people can define themselves as experts without any basis or facts to back up their claims. Audiophile is nothing more than a title made up by some asshat(s) whom think they have superior hearing or knowledge of audio superior to others. I love seeing this term thrown around.

If I buy Linear Power products will I become an "audiophile?"

Pretty much replace audiophile with asshole in any sentence and you aren't too far off.

Why did you delete all your posts cableguy?

and audiophile like myself supplements my SQL need with a chandelier of tweeters hanging like a disco and 21" subz for the Dbeeez

WTF. Someone has some serious issues if they have to go back and remove everything they post.

and audiophile like myself supplements my SQL need with a chandelier of tweeters hanging like a disco and 21" subz for the Dbeeez

That's the beauty of that word. You can use it any way you see fit.

Why did you delete all your posts cableguy?

I can answer this question if you have time to read it. Not too long ago, I was responding to a big system outage at work. During that time I was in a big hurry, and worring about everything ... Kind of the way it seems when your in your late 30s and early 40s and you feel like the entire weight of the world is on your shoulders. Anyway, going down the road with all this on my mind, and a huge deer crosses my path in a curve. Naturally, not really knowing waht it was at the time, I swerved really bad and lost control of my bucket truck. Somewhere in the process of overcorrecting, I lost control of the 2 ton bucket truck and flipped it a couple of times ... I thought it I was dead for a minute there ... and after the accident, I went back to that spot (trees on both sides of the road EXCEPT the area where I flipped the truck) and For some reason, The Lord saved my life.

Then I realised what I would be missing if I left this world ... Worring about everything and argueing over stupid stuff just seemed to cloud my mind at times ... Since then I've slowed down ,thought things over and just to enjoy my life ...

I thank God everyday that I can wake up to my beautiful wife and kids, enjoy my work, and just have fun with the hobbies I love ... like camping, fishing, sport trucks and car audio ...

WTF. Someone has some serious issues if they have to go back and remove everything they post.

Honnestly brothers, when I brought up the word Audiophile, I meant it to what I consider "For the Love of Music" ... and nothing more ... I never meant to make anyone mad about it. I quit argueing about things. If the moderators here think that the word Audiophile is a bad thing Then I'm cool with it and apologise for bringing it up ... I would just assume to delete my post rather than it looks like I'm arguing with someone on a forum to my sponsors. They are really good people and I have tons of fun with them going to shows and events !!!

Edited by Cablguy184