Sign in to follow this  
Rallye_Ghost

Component recomendation needed.

I need help picking a good set of components. I have 125w rms per channel to run them on and I need 6 3/4" size woofers. The amp I will be using is my US Amps USA-300. I don't really care about how loud they get, but I want to have the best sq that I can get. My budget is around the $500 - $600 range. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! smile.png

Edit: I forgot to add that I listen to just about every type of music, so they must be well rounded. :D

Edited by Rallye_Ghost

The hertz hsk 165 XL & hat clarus comes to mind.

Edited by StreetLegal

The hertz hsk 165 XL & hat clarus comes to mind.

The Hertz hsk 165 XL is at the top of my list. I'll have to research the Clarus set. Thanks for your help!

I just looked up the Clarus......this is going to be a hard decision!!

Those 2 sets are about on par, would recommend you to listen to both sets if you can and hear for your self.

It's not easy to recommend components, I just throw those 2 out there, auditioning is the best way to determine as everyone have different listening taste.

The bad news is there isn't anywhere around here to hear either one. I can hear JL, Fosgate, and Kicker, but not the brands I really want to hear.

The bad news is there isn't anywhere around here to hear either one. I can hear JL, Fosgate, and Kicker, but not the brands I really want to hear.

Sadly, that's the case most of the time.

I went to 5 shops...one had a partialy working board and it was the big brand names only.

I've run second from entry level CDT's before, I was quite happy with them. So looking into CDT gold series might be worth it. I've heard the HD's, great midbass.

I'll research the CDT's as well! Thanks for the help guys!!

Seeking advice about one component set sounding better than another is akin to putting different people in different cars, and timing them around the track. Is the fastest car the one with the fastest time?

The install will play a larger role.

Edited by stefanhinote

Seeking advice about one component set sounding better than another is akin to putting different people in different cars, and timing them around the track. Is the fastest car the one with the fastest time?

True. I just looking for good speaker manufacturers to look into. I want something to sound as good in my car as my Dahlquist sound in my house.

He is 100% correct.

I ended up getting a set of JL Audio C5's. I got to hear them installed in a couple of vehicles and loved the sound! Plus, I get to support my local dealer. Thanks for the help guys!!

They won't sound like your Dahlquist.

good point on supporting your local dealer. I try to when I can, but the choice is very limited. Hopefully, we have Focal and Davis speakers to listen to.

I bought my focal set after a demo on a board. They were sounding so good, I bought them with confidence !!!My old set was on the display too, so I could easily make a comparison.

I always wonder why the local b & m shops don't work on boards to do demo. They can make you sell more products, and more expensive ones easier.

This forum has a very good store too.

True, the Dahlquist are a hard act to follow. But, the JL's sounded awesome on everything I played. They had the C5's on the soundboard, which sounded great. But, I wanted to hear them in a real world application and thought they sounded even better installed. I know SSA has a good store, I got my Xcon from them. :D

I really wish there were more choices locally. But after reading countless threads and reviews I decided to get something I could actually listen to.