handman84

Need Midbass

Just got my GCON 12" :) am running a decent set of BA components up front and I now notice a gaping hole in midbass :( The GCON gets lower than I expected :) and the BA's are super crisp and clean on the highs but what can I use to fill the midbass? I am looking at the PWX or NeoPro 8" or 6.5"...which should I go with? I was leaning toward the PWX because of the price but I will only have around 100RMS to work with and the PWX are rated 200RMS! Will they sound good with 100RMS? any other suggestions, or is the NeoPro my best bet?

If you need mid bass, pro audio drivers are not the solution.

If you need mid bass, pro audio drivers are not the solution.

This!

http://www.sonicelec...I-PM.654NX.html

http://www.sonicelec...ar-OPTI6PM.html

Some on the cheap.

Eek, no. The first aren't midbasses at all and the specs on the Lanzar's are lies.

If it is truly midbass that you want and that is all you need a small subwoofer bandpassed to play midbass in your doors would be ideal. Tons of options, depends on your locations and processing.

both rear doors are free and so is my rear deck. I have a '96 Accord and I was thinking about putting something in the rear deck where the 6x9's are. The only reason I was looking at the NeoPros was the fact they claim you dont need a box for them to sound good

So since I am barking up the wrong tree, where would you recomend my search start? 8 or 10" subs?

What frequencies are you lacking? Budget?

I wish I knew which frequencies I'm lacking, I just know when higher bass frequencies hit it sounds like the sound turns off in my car! I would like to keep it below $100 per speaker

Try raising the lpf on your sub amp a bit. Is your front stage amped?

Front stage is amped yes. I have them on a 4 channel Alpine with a pair of 6x9's in the rear deck. thought about replacing the 6x9's to try and fill the hole I hear.

I will play with the tuning and see what I can do...trying to figure out exactly what is lacking and how to fix it. The knowledge here on the forum is greatly appreciated

Sounds like adjusting the amps will help some.

I had the same problem, JBL power series components on 80 watts RMS and no mid bass. The answer was a good install. My local shop (which didn't do the first install) added sound deadening, made a much better baffle and Holy Crap! I got way more mid bass.

Install is 90%, equipment just 10%.

I had the same problem, JBL power series components on 80 watts RMS and no mid bass. The answer was a good install. My local shop (which didn't do the first install) added sound deadening, made a much better baffle and Holy Crap! I got way more mid bass.

Can you elaborate on the baffle they used?

Can you elaborate on the baffle they used?

You can make one out of wood. Usually the stock plastic baffle is far from ideal.

Amp settings are good so I will now play with the install. Thinking of enclosing the 6x9's so the sub isnt interfering. Also got som murder mat so I will play with sound deadening too. Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know how it works. Any other tips I can try are grately appreciated

What are the specs for the enclosure the gcon is in? Possibly a different enclosure will give you the midbass you desire.

What are the specs for the enclosure the gcon is in? Possibly a different enclosure will give you the midbass you desire.

That's a bit of a stretch.

I used the ICON plans. It is in a 1.25f^3 sealed box. Any tips on where to start on beefing up my install besides sound dapening?