mikex216

Lookin to get a Q 12, quick question

Im looking to get a single Q 12 and i was wondering if i should go with the d1 or 2 ohm? Also whats a great amp for it, thanks!

if you get the d1 or d2 depends on the impedance of the amp, whats your budget for the amp?

Easier and cheaper to find an amp for the d2.

Edited by StreetLegal

The Saz1500 is a perfect match for that sub Or the Crescendo Bc2000. If you only only getting one sub then you want a D2

Edited by swift

If you don't plan on adding a second one get the D2. What options are you getting?

Thanks for the welcome! And yea i honestly dont really have a budget, i was looking into getting jl until i read about how great fi qs were. And im getting all the options besides the spider and hight qts because it wont be in a sealed enclosure.

Excellent choice. The standard Q will do very well in a ported enclosure.

If you are doing a single sub, D2 will definitely be easier to find an amp.Any ~1000-1500 watt amps that are 1ohm stable will be great.

Chris

Q is a great driver with one sad reality. Most buy it thinking they need it but the need they had would have been better served by the BL. They just don't state their need so well and after talking to useless sales people in brick and mortar stores and being misled by the mass number of nooblets in the car audio forum world I don't blame them.

Be good to share your thoughts.

Answers were right above. D2 for a single. And yes, worth thinking about that now as later it makes things more expensive.

:WELCOME:

You will love these drivers! I love mine=) don't be afraid to go sealed with the enclosure.

I had a Q 12 that sounded pretty good.

Get the dual 2 and then get an amp from a company like sundown, cresendo, flatline, or skar that puts out ~1500rms at 1 ohm. i.e. saz 1500

Im getting the Fi Q12 and was gonna put it with a soundqubed Q1-1200D. 1200 at 1ohm for $270 bucks. Dont think you can go wrong with that. I 

asked similar question about a week ago and no one had anything but good things to say about the Q1-1200D. Good reviews and opinions is all I got. Could not find anything with quality for that price.There is always the Q1-200D as well. 2200 at 1ohm for $429. Anyone know something similer to the Q1-1200D for the same price ish? Im curious too.