robant81

4th order through rear deck...System Planning

I have a 2004 Cadillac SLS and am looking to fab a 4th order enclosure for 2 SA-8 V.2's on a SAZ 1500 V.3. The reason for the smaller sub is to help save room in the trunk and to still have high output. The reason for the 4th order is the infamous Cadillac trunk bass trap, so I would like to port the enclosure through the stock sub location in my rear deck.

I am not too familiar with hertz levels or anything, but I can tell you that I listen to every thing from Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, and Alternative.

New to the forum here and just looking for some experienced suggestions. If you would like more detail please let me know. Would like a little seasoned input before I spend some dough!!!

Welcome to SSA.

Read the rules. You may have to post elsewhere before.

There are some good box designers here : DC creation (Pro Rabbit) or Ryan (RAM Designs).

Good luck !

I have a 2004 Cadillac SLS and am looking to fab a 4th order enclosure for 2 SA-8 V.2's on a SAZ 1500 V.3.

While this is the one valid reason for a 4th order bandpass, utilizing two 8's isn't really such a logical choice. Small ported boxes end up not being small.

I have a 2004 Cadillac SLS and am looking to fab a 4th order enclosure for 2 SA-8 V.2's on a SAZ 1500 V.3.

While this is the one valid reason for a 4th order bandpass, utilizing two 8's isn't really such a logical choice. Small ported boxes end up not being small.

What would you suggest in place of the 8's? I really don't want my trunk eaten up...lol.

10's really do not require much more space than an 8. You would have more output with the additional cone area with little expense of volume between the 2.

What would you suggest in place of the 8's? I really don't want my trunk eaten up...lol.

8's and not eating up your trunk are not the same goal. A single 8 takes a large enclosure not in the enclosure itself, but the port becomes huge. A pair and now you need almost the same volume as a 12" driver and give up a lot of performance. The whole 8" sub craze is idiotic IMO. Same with bandpass. In your case bandpass makes sense, 8's do not. The ONLY time an 8" makes sense to me is if you are using a small sealed enclosure.

If you truly don't want to eat up your trunk, IB is the best solution. No box at all. Will require some cutting and fitting to get around the bass trap. Cone area is your friend with IB, but only you can determine what sort of manifold you can fit up against the rear seat/shelf wall. Angled is okay.