Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

Newtown: 27 dead, including 20 children

retracted

Edited by bigjon

Sickening. My prayers go out to the families and friends.

They should never ban weapons..

What they should do is get this country innovative again...

Sadly, we have these issues, but they need to install a scanner at every possible entrance at EVERY school in this country.

If it triggers something, alarms go off throughout entire building and the halls are locked down.

There should be a 3rd party monitoring company that would intercept video surveillance once building was locked down(trapped all suspects). They would contact the school to see if police need to be called, etc... Or if it's obvious, they'll do it themselves.

That's how i see it.

Edited by shizzzon

Well dudes mom worked at the elementary school, but he killed her at home(supposedly) and went to the school later.

Its kinda weird because his brother was at the school and was killed as well.

He was 20 something at that.

But umm, as far as gun control goes, no.

Even at schools the no gun laws are dumb to me, as they say its a feeding ground for unlawful

retracted

Edited by bigjon

so your saying we can get guns off the streets by making them illegal?

Exactly, criminals will always have access to guns.

so your saying we can get guns off the streets by making them illegal?

Exactly, criminals will always have access to guns.

Not what i was saying at all.

I said gun laws at schools are dumb, because the unlawful do not care about laws anyway, and know that you would not be able to defend yourself.

I carried my pistol at college, even though colleges make their own gun control laws and wasn't supposed to, but did because of scenarios as such.

But honestly I didn't post this to talk about gun control.

Going postal on coworkers is sad, but killing kids is sickening.

But honestly I didn't post this to talk about gun control.

Understood, my bad.

And I agree that there isn't any excuse for someone doing something like this.

the problem with the alarm idea is this. my mom works at my old high school in the back office. there is a door buzzer system you have to ring to be let in while on camera. They never two way to ask who i am and what i'm doing. they just buzz me in. If i were twisted like the guy today, i could do the same thing and no one would have a chance to stop me. I carry due to my job and have walked into the school forgetting it is on my hip. no one has ever questioned me about it. its not easy to hide my 45 when i'm in jeans and a work polo. It has to due with people doing their job and not letting their guard down when they're in charge of children's lives. Its sad to say it but people are becoming lazy and comfortable.

retracted.

Edited by bigjon

This is so sad, beyond anything I could express. Just sad. :(

Ever since Columbine we've been doing "lock down" or "code red" drills in case anything similar happens at my high school. The procedures are designed to minimize casualties, there isn't any real way to stop deranged psychos from entering a campus and shooting.

As a father of a 6 year old boy in 1st grade, I'm not sure I'm ready to process this yet.

As a father of a 6 year old boy in 1st grade, I'm not sure I'm ready to process this yet.

i can only imagen, it has to be crazy scary to think about this..

im sorry for anyone who has kids and has to think about this every day.... shitty shit.

lol holly shit that is so funny.. i laughed so hard reading the tittle.. not because kids dieing is funny but because what are the pucking odds.

Maybe I missed something but what part of the title is even remotely funny?

Being a father of 2 girls and one of them being in Kindergarden its honestly hard to even watch the reports on TV without becoming emotional. Everytime I see it I just want to hold my little girl and keep her at home. :(

retracted

Edited by bigjon

retracted

what i said was missunderstood ...

its fine,. ill never comment on another topic that has to do with anything serious

NOT everything i say is directed at you and your children .. sorry if it seemed that wat

Edited by bigjon

I don't think anyone thought you were being a jerk Jon.

I have a 2 year old and 4 year old girl. I have been on active duty almost 16 years. I have lived in so many different places in the world I lost track. Safe and dangerous places. I think about this stuff all the time.

I am armed to the tooth, I carry 100% of the time I am able, concealed and open. I think about evey situation I am in. I choose not to put myself in a situation that would ever cause me to use a firearm. I hope I never, ever have to shoot someone.

I believe my wallet is worth more than anyone wanting to take its life.

You can agree with my lifestyle or not. I am probably just more responsible for my own actions than you are if you disagree with me.

That pretty much sums up how I go through life.

I come from a super liberal family, seeing me and my wife and girls walking down the street you would think we are are regular suburban yuppie family. I like that.

retracted

what i said was missunderstood ...

its fine,. ill never comment on another topic that has to do with anything serious

NOT everything i say is directed at you and your children .. sorry if it seemed that wat

I'm assuming you are referring to me since I am the only one that mentioned your comment. I don't think you were directing anything at me or my children, the notion of that makes no sense. A entire kindergarten class was murdered, if someone has any class at all then this would be the thread to show it in. Some people just think differently I guess.

see now your attacking me personaly. lol.

gotcha.

Some people deal with things in a different way, it all depends on the individual. Did I think there was anything funny about happened? Absolutely not. Do I think that Jon doesn't care about what happened, or thinks that what happened is funny? Absolutely not. I don't exactly agree with you Jon but I DO understand where you were coming from.

Obviously there is nothing good or funny about what happened. Remember to treat people like it is the last time you will see them, because next time isn't guaranteed. I'm not saying to think negatively all of the time but let the petty crap slide and enjoy each day with your loved ones.

:(