Sign in to follow this  
slidestarr

Enough port area for BL 15"?

My fully loaded BL 15" came in today so started to design my box. I want to use an 8" aeroport and wasn't sure if it has enough port area.

Box is 5.5 ft.3, 8"x17.5" flared aero tuned to 33hz and going to be powered by a DD M3a at .5ohm.

Will the 8" aero suffice or will it choke the sub?

An 8" Aeroport has enough surface area for any 15" driver.

Why 0.5 Ohm ? For more power ?

Your box is big enough to use less power. I don't know, just a guess ! morning.gif

The only reason I ask is I did the calculation for the vent mach and it is .132, 45.4 m/sec which seems really high.

Why 0.5 Ohm ? For more power ?

Original intention was to run my old amp, DD M2a but sold it and upgraded. If the BL is getting raped I will wire it down to 2 ohm's.

.132 (if you ever actually reach it) will be fine.

Is this for daily? and did you choose daily or spl as an option? I'd be careful running that amp at .5 for daily. It puts out 2200 @ 1 ohm @ 12 volts already correct?

Is this for daily? and did you choose daily or spl as an option? I'd be careful running that amp at .5 for daily. It puts out 2200 @ 1 ohm @ 12 volts already correct?

I sold the M3a and BL but I did run it at .5 daily and abused it everyday. The BL got violent on full tilt and the M3a barely got warm, the surprising thing was how the BL played the lows with brutal force and would pressurize the cabin even with my seat up.

Sign in to follow this