EPerez

Where to Deaden Front Doors on 2012 Fusion?

So I just popped off the door panel for the front right door of my fusion and I realized that there is a metal piece that covers the actual inside door part. Should I take off the metal piece and do the inside door or should I just put it around where you can see in the pic. I'm using the SDS CLD tiles now and possibly later doing the other 2. Just want to do what's best. Thanks!

20121218_155643_zpsd3440474.jpg

Beat on it. If rattles or resonates than apply to that area. If it don't resonate and you only need to stop road noise then u need MLV.

Thanks man, ill do that.

More pics after its done please :)

I put some on the metal piece and all around the outside. I gotta figure out how to get the metal panel off then I'll get some pics up!

To get that metal panel off there is access holes to remove the glass from the regulator one of the wholes it where the speaker goes release it pull it all the way up then tape it it all comes out complete remove three bolts from the door latch and and all the 10 mm i belive they are all around the outside of the metal panel then u should be able to juss menuver it right out to make it easier with the wires plugged to it sneek ur hand in between the door and use a pick to release the harness plug that goes to the car then u could pull it all out and have all the room to do the exterior door skin you may or may not already know this just thought i would try to help if i could good luck man cant wait to see it all deadned

I actually didn't know that but thank you. I don't think I'm gonna do it because my step dad works at a ford dealership and will be getting me out of my lease very soon. Ill probably wait and do it on the 2013 fusion. Hopefully it's the same.

Oh ok nice ive worked on those as well very similar any other help u need juss let me know bro good luck pm or somethin

Awesome thanks man. What did you do when you worked on them? Are you a mechanic or do you work at an audio shop?

he has sex in the backseat.... for money and drugs... sometimes food..... 

Oh ok nice ive worked on those as well very similar any other help u need juss let me know bro good luck pm or somethin

Awesome thanks man. What did you do when you worked on them? Are you a mechanic or do you work at an audio shop?

Hahah he's gotta do what he's gotta do.