KyleBrown

ARMYKYLE1's Blazer build! GFY it's slowwww

I see you have more then 1 run going from your alternator to your battery? Just wondering whats the purpose/gain of this

I see you have more then 1 run going from your alternator to your battery? Just wondering whats the purpose/gain of this

370a alternator. One run won't carry the current. Yes, 3-4 is overkill, but you should never under build. I want every last drop of juice transferred to the rear. Plus I do plan on dual alts in the future, so I'm building the ground work. 

Thoughts on the comps? 

Thoughts on the comps? 

posted this on facebook. I'm impressed by them. I was shocked by the midbass output. It's tough getting used to a 2 way set vs my old 3 ways sets. I might steal an active ready amp and see what's up. 

Got a set of IA comps in my truck today. Really impressed by them considering the price. Nice Midbass, tweeters are a little bright but I think they're crossed too high with the stock xovers. Very clear though. This is with my cheap zxi150.4 started the low pass end at 50hz, they did well up high listening levels for most people. Had to bump it to 63 to get a little more volume without distorting the Midbass. Overall, I'm very happy. Definitely a good buy if someone wanted to buy set :)

I'd cut some rubber tubing up and put it around the hole where the wire comes through.. looking good so far.

Yea I got a lot to do lol. 

But got bass today :) treo tsx 12 on my T800.2 lol

I'd cut some rubber tubing up and put it around the hole where the wire comes through.. looking good so far.

i was just about to say the same thing,. i took heater hose and slit it down the side. cut it to length of each side of the cut, placed it on then used black RTV to adhear it and also to seal the around each wire and such.. i may have a pic some where if you care.

also dan P no doubt when running huge power you need huge transfer i have 4 runs of welding lead from my alternator to the rear.

I picked up a good bit of supplies. So there will be some more updates soon. Probably picking up a buddy's box for 2 18's, 10cuft @29hz. Should be interesting with about 5k. 

No big updates. I have a tiny temp setup in. Little treo 12 on my T800.2 Not too bad for a cheap little 12. 

Going to be picking up a dual 18 box from a friend soon. Throw my DP 18's in it, tuned to 29, then about 5-6k. 

My 5 wide D3100 busbars are on order via project DB, great CS.

20130425_180048_zpsf9e8ea3c.jpg

First official video. Put a little bit more power to the 12. Probably about 1200rms, on a sub rated for 400rms :) Definitely a gain, but not enough. I will say it's impressive for a baby 12. 

Need more!!!

Got to get that 158 son! 

That would be nice. I'd like to see a 160 by years end. 

Got some updates. 

Got my sexy busbars in :) 

20130527_013636_zps4f2e8fb1.jpg

Nice and clean

20130527_013758_zps0f8953ce.jpg

FTMFW

20130527_013809_zps5f0809bd.jpg

Driving around the old Six Flags in New Orleans. Pretty crazy. 

20130526_165355_zps8aa0e160.jpg

20130526_165032_zps7229e943.jpg

Inside one of the buildings

20130526_172541_zps33fa9aea.jpg

20130526_172519_zps38bd7e86.jpg

20130526_172447_zpsb775f72d.jpg

My GF and the Blazer looking around

20130526_172425_zps1d92495f.jpg

One of the stages

20130526_165909_zps67b4a040.jpg

DAEWOO FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20130522_101343_zpscbfcd783.jpg

Got a new temp setup in. Probably only about 3k of real power. Subs barely move maybe an 1" peak to peak. Hopefully have more power for STC :)

Cleaned up my cluster fawk. Keep in mind this is a temporary setup. So I'm not cutting the wires to fit right now. Also the the project db is "backwards" since I had them setup for when I put the batteries to the back. Then it won't be backwards :) I need more amps so I can fill up the holes!

The before

20130530_191638_zpsbf5a9428.jpg

The after

20130530_214657_zps2250e078.jpg

I'll rerun some more wire before scrapin to clean it up a little bit. But I don't to waste a lot on a temp gig. I'm also hoping to double power for it too. 

I'm super happy with the busbars. Perfect bevel on the inlets, everything clean and smooth. This is my fourth purchase so far. Each one has been great. Also mechman and xs power ftw :) zero drop at idle!

finally an update.... keep it going!!! 

I'm trying. Finds are tight as always lol.

Money even more so... I'm rooting for ya!

Build looks great man. Those six flags pics are nuts!