JosephSprague

Icon For Bass Music?

Please help me properly invest my Christmas money. I am considering an Icon 12/d1 to pair with my RF 1000bdcp amp. It is important to note that I am an old school basshead who listens to Techmaster, Bass Patrol, Dynamix II, etc. The ability to play 20-25 Hz notes is a MUST. I've got room for about 2.5 cubes in my xB and lean toward a sealed box for the best mega deep notes. Any advice is appreciated!

I listened to dubstep to all my dusbstep with the Icon and Zcon just fine.

Good choice : the Icon plays music very well:)

I had one, and I loved it.

In a well built enclosure, the Icon has no issue playing every note asked of it (with in reason and crossover limitation).

In a well built enclosure, the Icon has no issue playing every note asked of it (with in reason and crossover limitation).

90% install

5% equipment

5% end goal

I am going to argue for a properly buit ported enclosure cause it will sound just as good as a sealed one on

Playing the low notes and doing it with authority are two different things. If you want to play all notes then sealed is fine. If you want to really hammer out those low notes then I would do a ported enclosure on the larger side tuned around 28. Just dont go overboard on port area to keep from unloading easily. Downside is the 40+ will suffer somewhat in output.

Edited by swift

A gcon is a good option.

The Icon is a great sub, just make sure you don't just toss it into any random enclosure. The enclosure is the back bone of the sub stage, and if properly designed it will help achieve your goals and to get the most from your product.

The Icon is a great sub, just make sure you don't just toss it into any random enclosure. The enclosure is the back bone of the sub stage, and if properly designed it will help achieve your goals and to get the most from your product.

And here is the guy that can build you that enclosure, you can rest assure he will give you exactly what you want.

TMI

the potty? your a white girl right

Definitely not a white girl LOL. Yeah, I think being a Dad is to blame for my lingo. morning.gif

isss..... he a white girl?

boom!

im just playin.

the icon is a great sub.. i have bought a few of them..

I love my Icon. It slams and looks amazing. Enjoy yours once you get it!

Just to give you an idea, here in this video, I am playing - Asking Alexandria: The Final Episode. It is not exactly dubstep, but there is some mean double bass in the song. I recorded it so that you could see that the ZCON had no problem keeping up with the bass, with an amazing impact. I am using 1 ssa zcon and 1 CA BC5500. Unfortuneately I don't have any recordings of my Icon playing dubstep, but it played just as well.

That is the video, sorry for the crappy recorder, was using the HTC EVO.

Damn Sen, I wouldn't have guessed that Asking Alexandria was on your playlist.

OP the ICON is badass by the way.

Everyone should have AA...And Sen is just a little dark skinned...lol

Everyone should have AA...And Sen is just a little dark skinned...lol

Haha I just remember that he was bashing country and I thought he said he wasn't a fan of screamo music too lol.

Have one more (and hopefully last) question for you guys. I haven't put my purchase through yet and now am considering a 15" Icon as well. My choices are A) 12" Icon ported realllly low (remember: bass music ~ 25 hz) or B) 15" Icon sealed. This is going in a second gen xB and after reviewing the SSA recommended enclosures, I am actually favoring the 15" in a sealed 2.75 ^ft box over the 12" ported 2.5 ^ft. That and the fact that the 15" is currently only $10 more than the 12". Thanks so much for your feedback. I'll be patient since it is Christmas Eve and the sale goes through the end of the year. Merry Christmas!

If you can fit and afford the larger sub, go for it.