JosephSprague

Icon For Bass Music?

So my Icon 12 D1 is being built and I am definitely going to try a simple sealed box first. The optimal design on the site calls for 1.35 ft^3, but is there a benefit (deeper response) to going with more net volume? I understand that smaller enclosures work better with more power and vise-versa, but I just want a clean (super) deep-dropping daily driver box with extended low end. If that doesn't come through, I'll consider the ported route.

Thanks again to all.

I like sealed enclosures gayhaaay1.gif

Okay I know the larger the box the lower the sub will play, but the less power it will handle

and the smaller the box the higher the frequency the sub will play and the more power it will handle..

so which would be better for woofers... small volume box, in between volume box or maximum volume sealed box?

This is not a one size fits all kind of thing...it depends on the amount of power you have for them.

If you're running less than rms, go with the larger box,

around rms, middle of the road,

overpowering them, go with a smaller box.....generally.

Alright, got it. I admit to having "I like sealed boxes" shame and need assurance. It used to be so simple when I was young; throw a couple of Orion XTRs in a big sealed box and proceed. Thanks :-)

Got my Icon yesterday. Going to build a 1.35 net cubic foot box this Sunday. Sure hope it satisfies my Techmaster P.E.B. craving. Will follow up with you all.

Got my Icon yesterday. Going to build a 1.35 net cubic foot box this Sunday. Sure hope it satisfies my Techmaster P.E.B. craving. Will follow up with you all.

Build it nice and solid and let the Icon break in naturally over time. :)

No doubt Aaron. Thank you for all of your advice and support. I don't know who is more excited me or my five year old LOL.

:woot:

good choices. i know your sealed for now but if/when u decide to go ported just remember that u got a fosgate amp so the ssf is just an on or off switch at 28hz so if you wanna tune lower than say 30 your gonna need an externaly regulated ssf