Okay, my buddy just received his fi bl 18's. he has 2 of them running off an audiopipe 3000. They are both D1 ohm. Would i wire them in a series for them to be running @ 1 ohm from the amp or would i wire them parallel. AND after i figure that out how would i wire them in series and how would i wire them in parallel.

Those amps aren't one ohm stable.

Yes. the Audiopipe AP30001D i have the same series just a 1500 and it is 1 ohm stable aswell.

Not trying to be a jerk but it is NOT 1 ohm stable. It is actually two of your version internally strapped, and it is stable at 2 ohms.

No offense taken rick. im just saying what the manual said. but. cant other amps that are 1ohm stable be wired down to .5 ohms? i am pretty sure people do that.

Those are 2 ohm stable, not 1.

To be honest, those 2 18's would still get super loud on 1000w(4 ohm load)

That's how they should be wired until he can get a 1 ohm stable amp.

Edited by eggyhustles

With that amp I would not risk it. It might work but I doubt that it would last.

just sell your audiopipe and get a good 2500w 1 ohm stable amp they put out mor than rated power and youll have no problems lol i would recomend a rockford, sundown, something that will make the power u need. no use putting strain on ur amp.

cant other amps that are 1ohm stable be wired down to .5 ohms?

Generally in specific situations and increasing the risk of damaging the amplifier, and with voiding the warranty.

Don't use that as a basis of your decision.

Alright ill check that out then. ill look at them like that.

You can look at the amp as a two channel amp. Each channel is stable at "1 ohm each" which the manual says will produce 1500 watts on each channel. Like it has been said the amp is not 1ohm stable "bridged". You can either wire each sub in series separately then run one sub to each channel which will give you a 2ohm load on each (900 x 2). If you wanted to bridge the amp you could run one wire from the amp to the sub box and series everything which would give you around 1800 x 1 @ 4ohms.

There are amps that can operate below 1 ohm effectively but from my experience the AP3000 doesn't fall into that category. Its a decent budget amp if you stay within its intended uses/limitations.