Sencheezy

First time buyer looking for insight

I shoot with a Nikon D7000 and absolutely love it and my friends shoot with Canon, actually 2 of them with a 7D. In my opinion if you like to shoot outdoors go with Nikon, Canon's shine in a studio with a tripod.

too vague and that makes this wrong..... lenses, lenses, lenses!!!

In the crop bodies, in my opinion Nikon has better build and better focusing system but the Canon is king when it come to videography. To the OP the best way is to go to your local camera store and try different camera's out. I would also suggest trying out a Sony Alpha Nex-7 because it has the same sensor as the DSLR's, interchangeable lens but without the added weight. I usually shoot with a Tokina 11-16 lens and lugging it around gets tiresome due to weight.

Edited by Gramser57

In the crop bodies, in my opinion Nikon has better build and better focusing system but the Canon is king when it come to videography. To the OP the best way is to go to your local camera store and try different camera's out. I would also suggest trying out a Sony Alpha Nex-7 because it has the same sensor as the DSLR's, interchangeable lens but without the added weight. I usually shoot with a Tokina 11-16 lens and lugging it around gets tiresome due to weight.

True weight can be an issue.

I never recommend the NEX series as they use a unique mount which means limited lens variety compared to the standard DSLR. I know they have adapters but that becomes cumbersome and adds more weight and detracts from the balance/feel of the compact slr.

But Sen is looking less involved now. Lol

Sorry about that guys, took a trip to Michigan for the holidays. And am just not catching up on rest. Thank you Shogen for your input, I will see what I can find on amazon. I will see if I can find that 3200 for that price, as when I was seaching, I believe it was upward the 700$ mark.

A video I did for my friend

That's a damn good video sir! And what kind of lense was you using here?

A video I did for my friend

That's a damn good video sir! And what kind of lense was you using here?

Thanks, Nikon 50mm 1.8G and Tokina 11-16

just get a t3i

small body, 1080p @ 30fps, swivel screen which comes in handy when shooting video and it's "up to date"

my friend has a t3i and uses a 17-40 L lens and it takes great pictures and video, and it is extremely light!

Thanks for all the help guys!