Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

Should I buy Discover G31 UPS Batteries??

What batteries for you use?

What batteries were you guys getting from the Deka distributor? Was it the Deka Intimidator 9a31?

Yes

I called the 2 they had here in michigan and only one carries the Seconds but was all out. I just said F it and I'm going to go with XS Power batteries. I know I can't go wrong with those lol

I currently have an XS D3400 and XP3000, and they work really well on my IA 40.1. I could never go back to UPS batteries, I used to have a few C&D's and as shizzon was saying they were pretty much dead after 2 years. I'm glad you made the proper decision, the UPS batteries will work in a pinch but in my opinion they are going to cost you more down the road.

Autozone Platinum or sears platinum agm.any of those close to you?

Autozone Platinum or sears platinum agm.any of those close to you?

Yea there is. Are those good batteries?

Thanks ulrisa. I figure buying right the first time is the way to go!

How would that stack up against a xp3000?

In my opinion they are not better then xs power but if it was up to me those 2 are my only options when I'm looking for car batteries. They are both awesome batteries but xs power is the better of the 2 in my opinion.

In my opinion they are not better then xs power but if it was up to me those 2 are my only options when I'm looking for car batteries. They are both awesome batteries but xs power is the better of the 2 in my opinion.

Have you used both the autozone/sears and xs power batts?

Have you used both the autozone/sears and xs power batts?

havent used autozone battery but seen it in action they are good for a while but for car audio it wont last after a while you will get dimming lights seen that happen on my gf's brother setup. but im about to use a xs power battery on my setup. im just waiting for my terminal posts to come in tomorrow and i will be installing the xs power im yet to read anything bad about xs power and their customer service is awesome i placed an ordered for mine got the wrong battery in and they fixed the problem by setting up UPS to pick up the battery they had sent me and the same day they knew of the issue they sent the correct one over to me. kinectic battery is awesome to a buddy of mine had one on his setup and i really liked it and first was going to buy it but i wanted to try something new and also wanted to check them out myself after reading all the good reviews on them. i would say try a kinetic if you dont want to spend soo much on a xs power. in my opinion xs power and kinetic are the best 2 batteries for car audio enthusiests.

Edited by oakteg21

Thanks for the reviews. Im just gonna go with the xs power ones because of the great custore service and also everyone says they're really good. I dont want to buy batteries later too.

I run XS and the Sears Die Hard Platinums. Both are awesome,

The SAMs clubs are Deka rebadged which is fine, the Sears ar Oddessy rebadged batteries which are better than Dekas.

If you have the money to spend get XS, but dollar for power I like my Sears batts.

Which do you think would be better for daily? Xp3000 or the sears one?

The sears Platinum IS MUCH stronger.. It's the same battery as the Odyssey 2150 as comfirmed by EnerSys (who makes them for both).

The sears Platinum IS MUCH stronger.. It's the same battery as the Odyssey 2150 as comfirmed by EnerSys (who makes them for both).

So you would go with the platinum over the xp3000?

How much is the xp3000?

In SSA store around 370 shipped but I saw on sonicelectronix it's 320 shipped.

The only thing that compares to xs power is the Odyssey 2150, flat out.

I've used UPS batteries, dekas, and kinetik. All sucked compared to my diehard 31m batteries.

You can get rebadged dekas for cheap but the are still crappy batteries. The only diehard battery made by enersys is the 31m, which is the same as the Odyssey 2150.

I got mine at Sears for 250 each. 3 year full replacement warranty NO SHIPPING. Just take it back in to your local store.

Yep they're on sale now actually.

I told Steve to make the change and he has been very successful in comparison to his old Kinetiks :)

Yep they're on sale now actually.

I told Steve to make the change and he has been very successful in comparison to his old Kinetiks :)

Thank you Steve and julian. I think I'll go with the platinums because it'll save some money and you guys say it compares to the xs so why not lol

Thank you Steve and julian. I think I'll go with the platinums because it'll save some money and you guys say it compares to the xs so why not lol

Not only that but terminal design makes for easier installation ... at least for people less skilled like myself. LOL

Not only that but terminal design makes for easier installation ... at least for people less skilled like myself. LOL

Haha that does help! I'm going to pick one up in a few days.

Edited by Bassink