Sign in to follow this  
WeDgE

What to do? (Substage)

I can't seem to make up my mind what I want to run in the Supra for a substage... 12" or 15"?? :(

Box will be max. ~3ft^3 regardless (fiberglassed spare tire well)...Power supplied from a PG Tantrum 1200.1...

The install won't be visible at all, so I'm not concerned about anyone "seeing" it.

I guess it all comes down to a question of sensibility? Do I really need a 15" powered by 1500W in a hatchback? Or will a 12" w/ 1500W suffice? LOL

I've never owned a hatchback before, nor have I had much experience with audio systems in them...you guys will have to help me out... ;)

Front stage, you say? Well...I already have that one figured out... :D

its a supra, why add all that extra weight? forget subs, but thats just my opinion, i still like fast more than i like loud

But if you're going to do it, i say a 15, why not?

15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing34:

i have 1 12" in my scion tc hatch makes my ears ring ;) anyways can't wait to get the 2nd 12 in :) make my ear's bleed!!

its a supra, why add all that extra weight? forget subs,  but thats just my opinion, i still like fast more than i like loud

But if you're going to do it, i say a 15,  why not?

Well, what good is being a rep when you can't showcase the product! :P

Yes, it's a Supra...not light by any means...when it's that heavy, what's the point in saving 35lbs? It's not like I'm going to notice a difference in speed with or without the sub. If all I cared about was driving fast, I'd be driving a swapped Cressida. :lol: I've always loved enhancing my driving experience with music...doing that means adding a substage, IMO.

Don't worry, it'll still be plenty fast. :)

15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing34:

i have 1 12" in my scion tc hatch makes my ears ring ;) anyways can't wait to get the 2nd 12 in :) make my ear's bleed!!

Geez, if a single 12 makes your ears ring, then that's all I'll need! :lol2:

wait wait wait, you got a supra? jesus man, pics now!!!!

1 12 is plenty for a hatch. Especially with that kind of power.

The 15 is just exsessive and not really needed.

12 for praticality

15 for wow factor since most people dont run 15(s)

wait wait wait, you got a supra?  jesus man, pics now!!!!

I don't really have too many pics of the outside of it....I think I only have 1. It looks kind of silly with the marshmellow winter tires on it...I have to pick my my summer tires from Mark's house...then I'll be taking some more pics.

It looks like your typical MKIII Supra right now...black exterior, grey interior, tinted windows...although, it is lowered 2" all around... :D

12 for praticality

Exactly what I was looking for...someone else who sees my view of practicality...thanks! :bigok:

12 for praticality

Exactly what I was looking for...someone else who sees my view of practicality...thanks! :bigok:

Great minds think alike :domoslay:

Well, what good is being a rep when you can't showcase the product!
Edited by ramos

I agree with the 1 12"

Mine is PLENTY loud. I love it cause people ask me all the time how it gets so loud and stays so clean off music. Oh did I mention that it only getting 600rms? In a reg-cab truck.

1.5 sealed or the 2.5 ported at 28hz would be the way to go. I personally perfer the sealed. Oh, and 1500rms is WAY overkill. Not needed at all. IMO you wont see any gains off it.

It's what I have to work with, so I'll be using it. It's not like I can wire the impedence any higher than 4ohms anyways. :)

It's not overkill if you know how to use it...Of course I won't *see* any gains off it, but I'm sure I'll hear it... ;)

It's what I have to work with, so I'll be using it.  It's not like I can wire the impedence any higher than 4ohms anyways.  :)

It's not overkill if you know how to use it...Of course I won't *see* any gains off it, but I'm sure I'll hear it... ;)

Wired at 1 ohm you can still make the amp only produce 600rms. Just set the gain at the correct voltage.

I bet it will be sick :) Get pics of your car and install :P

Wired at 1 ohm you can still make the amp only produce 600rms.  Just set the gain at the correct voltage.

I bet it will be sick :)   Get pics of your car and install :P

1ohm = No no for the Tantrum 1200. :)

I know how to set gains... ;):P

I will get pics when it is all finished...whenever that is... :(

YOu kill me!!

PLace your bets now! I say it takes 3 months for him to change his mind. :D

Install will be done before the end of April... :P

Plus, this is a different car than the Accord... ;)

When I drove a hatch, even my sucky sub off of 500w got loud. I think a 12" is all you need from a practical standpoint. Of course I'm a hypocrite and am about to order a mag15 :P

My two 12's never move more than 1" even at full tilt. It's loud as FACK in there and the subs are barely moving. Hatches are wonderful.

Anything is pretty loud in a hatch. In my old Firebird I had everything from a pair of VIFA 8s with 5mm x-max (vented) to 3x 12" Magnums (sealed) with a 36" long amp... every setup in there was more than loud enough for quality listening.

I say go with a single 12 to save a bit of room, besides, it's plenty of SPL if you just listen to music. Heck... a single sealed 12" Mag is plenty in the trunk of my BMW (bass trap).

move vote is also for the 12