lithium

tablet and minidsp wiring questions

cool thanks. will do more research. what about the voltage output issue?

It is .7v or so. Better than most head units

Thanks for the links.

I read the log, but it just kind of stopped.

Did you wind up needing the line driver?

I have to admit I'm drooling over the 8" sls in your doors.

How do they sound and how high are you running them?

ya i got a job and moved from pa to il so i need to get back to the log. no line driver was needed. 

the sls 8 are pretty amazing midbass drivers. however, you need to do lots of work to the doors to prevent rattles. i still have more work to do on that front. hopefully, i can get rid of the rattles and keep them running IB, if not then ill have to make fg enclosures on the doors. 

edit: they're good for 50-250. i run them 50-150 currently but that depends on how low your mid can mate up. you could run them down to 30hz if you dont need tons of bass or dont listen to music w/ much low frequency content. 

i should mention that output is limited by your doors ability to handle the bass with rattling to pieces

Edited by lithium

i would recommend the balanced version of the minidsp 2x4 units. it puts out a bit more power unbalanced 

there are other options that like the minidsp power PPI and soundstream dsp but they have less features. 

Edited by lithium

If you aren't splitting the signal a bunch and not running el cheap amps the gain is enough so that they won't be noisy.  I have the same setup in my boat, built one for a Porsche Cayenne that I never bought, and then decided to use a carPC in the Escalade.

Ok, good to know. 

Thanks for the replies.

I'm still in the planning/learning stages at this point as I don't own the car yet.

It sounds as though my wide band up front may not be happy reaching as low as 250hz, if that's as high as the sls will play and still sound good.

I forgot, you have a mid in your system, so you may not need/want it to play any higher.

Thanks again.

what driver is the wideband? i was running the sls and a 3" peerless prior to the current setup

Fountek FR88 EX, my system is in my sig.

I can play them down to 250hz., but I seem to loose some impact from my 830946 sls's  crossed that low.

I keep them crossed at 315hz., they sound pretty good like that.

I have 4 exodus anarchy still new in the box that may play around with, not sure how they'll sound vs. my sls's or the 8" sls you have.

I mean 2 per side of the 6" vs. 1 of the 8".

This is all speculation until I have the car to work with.

I was mostly interested in the mini dsp and possibly the nexus 7 so I can keep the factory "stereo" and whatever I put in separate.

I still have a lot of reseach to do, but I have the time.