rezac

Are the new Wardens ever going to be here?!?!

I am not trying to be rude by any means. I pre ordered the Wardens a couple months ago, paid in full, knowing that they were supposed to be here by the end of the year. I called IA for an update a week or two ago and they said the price of neo is to high so they haven't bought any yet and they have no eta at this point. I am kind of frustrated by it since I was told I can't get a refund or switch to a different product or even a different size of Wardens. It kind of seems like bad business practice if you first tell someone who is paying for the product when they are going to be building the product but then say they are going to wait for the price of neo to drop before they are even going to be building any... Some sort of real update would be kind of nice..

Yeah, that is illegal. Contact your CC company for a chargeback and/or seek legal counsel.

I paid cash.. I will see if they have any real updates first before I do anything

Edited by Rezac

Never pay cash. Do you have a receipt?

Sounds like the type of stuff you have to deal with when you pre order things.

I have the receipt. That's not an issue. I am also looking for an answer from ia also. I don't mind waiting but when they say there is no eta that's what made me mad.I agree with the comment above, it's not my fault the price of material hasn't gone down.

If this is really what is going on I am disappointed.

We will see. I am ready for the new subs because I was told they would be ready about this time of the year.

I was told they aren't making the older wardens anymore and that price is an issue and that no refunds are not available. They say it is a pre order and that's what happens basically.

yeah, thats not right at all man. it's not your fault the price of Neo is higher than expected. you paid for a product and you should receive that product or a refund. can't wait to hear what IA has to say regarding this matter.

Well, i havent seen IA ever do anything bad compared to some other brands out there but i cant say nobody could ever not do bad.. Just implying i'm not expecting it to happen.

Anyways, a Pre-Order or Group Buy is a means of collecting money to help pay for a bulk shipment...

The problem with some companies is they use this tactic because they have financial issues with how much they order at once.

Now, if that's the case with ANY company, then NEVER do a pre-order. Bad business practice because if something changes, then this will happen if that's what happened.

Now, on a negative note.... The entire time i've been on SSA, i've never heard EVER once that the price of Neo has gone down...

So, unless a miracle happens.. I wouldn't expect it to.

These comments aren't implying IA is or may have attempted the above, it's an informative post about what happens when these things are generated and the possibilities that could happen if poor judgment is used in the business.

I was told they aren't making the older wardens anymore and that price is an issue and that no refunds are not available. They say it is a pre order and that's what happens basically.

That's not what happens in a pre-order. In a pre-order a company takes payment, gives an ETA (subject to slight change), and then builds and delivers the product. Not taking payment, giving an ETA, then saying you may get a product at some point in the future, but we can't say when and it won't be what you ordered because costs went up.

FYI, Pre-orders are basically a companies way of raising funds because they don't have the capital on hand to either fully pay for the order , to buy the materials, or sometimes because they need the money now to do other things (pay bills, etc). You are "loaning" them your money with a promise around the ETA you'll receiving a product, and the "interest" they pay for this loan is the discounted price. More times than not it's their way of saying they need your money now because they don't have enough of their own, and in exchange for that they'll give you a discount on the product. It sounds to me like they can't refund you because they already spent your money and don't have enough on hand to refund you. Otherwise I don't see what the issue could possibly be that they can't give you your money back when they change the terms of the order so dramatically. Unfortunately this is one of the risks....the company taking your money now, and failing to deliver a product or the product you were promised.

Unfortunately you paid cash.....your only option would be to sue them.

I understand 100% that they probably used my money to be able to buy something or pay bills or something but it is still MY money till I get a product as far as I am concerned, seems strange to me that I can't even buy the death penalties with that money or any other products. I paid cash but I have a receipt so to me it doesn't seem like a huge deal. I have never really seen anything go down in price especially a rare earth metal.. I am not sure what to do other then have the owner call me back to talk this over with me. I have a good line up on some night shades and some zv3s that I would rather have at this point. I am sure teh Wardens won't gain me much db over any other high end brand. I paid ALOT for these Warndens. If it were only a few hundred or even a thousand it wouldn't be as big of a deal to me.. I would love a call from IA.

I don't want to sue, that's not the way I am, I will gladly pay for some DP and take a refund on the rest, I got a good deal on the new Wardens as far as I am aware so I wouldn't want to pay retail for the DPs. I am just tired of waiting and I want to be able to do testing before the new season since my time is limited from work full time and school full time and a kid and a wife.

Kudos to you on working full time with a full course load and wife with child.

I seriously hope IA gets in here to take care of you. I would be sorrily disappointed to see them fuck someone over this way.

J

Thank you sir! I have over an hour drive to school and another hour back on the way home. I work a lot for my money and I feel if I want a refund for a product that will possibly never be out then I should be aloud to. Little do I know though. Seems strange that I can't get a different product from their line instead. I guess I don't understand that part.

The old style Wardens are pretty crazy! I am excited for my new ones if they ever come.. I just bought some zv3s and now I don't know I even want the Wardens though.

So what's with IA's non-reply?

Edited by phi

I sure hope this gets resolved for you man. I am in the process of choosing different subs for the wall i'm doing, and the Death Penalties were on my list. I would also be very disappointed if they don't make this right somehow. It really does make folks hesitant to buy their products. I know I am now.

Something seems out of place here. Last I knew, Wardens were almost pulled off the back burner due to the cost of Neo. It seems very unlike Nick to pre-order. Also doesn't sound typical IA to not work with a customer at all, unless there was an all sales final clause. Only way I could see this being is if IA is using the pre-order funds to relaunch the model. But, that seems very unlikely for a company of this age and stature. Not saying you're wrong, something just seems out of whack here.

I was never told that I wouldn't be able to get a refund or even switch to a different product that they sell.

I have an emailed receipt from the dealer I ordered from and it doesn't say anything like that on it. I was told the wardens will be made but nobody knows any details about them.

I have an emailed receipt from the dealer I ordered from and it doesn't say anything like that on it. I was told the wardens will be made but nobody knows any details about them.

This is from a dealer? Oh, that's different. May we ask which one?