Sign in to follow this  
Wood.

Help with my blowthrough sub/box setup

So Im collecting parts to do a blowthrough in my fullsize chevy regular cab. 1988 k1500.

Just bought a crescendo 3500. gonna get a singer 250a alt and a couple 3100s and one up front. multiple runs of 0.

okay so now for my question. i have been pondering ideas on sub/box setups. I have been set on 2 18s for a while, but got to thinking about 4 15s. and idk whether to a 4th order or just a regular ported box. i can do the rregular box tuning but would need some help designing a 4th order as i have read and have yet to wrap my brain around it.

My goals: Daily, Hairtricks (move air yo) not super low. 30-32 (in regular box tuning terms) not sure where that would be in a 4th order. but i want it to be as musical as possible as i listen to a lot of metal with my rap.

subs ive had in mind are 2x FI bl 18s

or 4 sa15s

just looking for advice here. ive done a blowthrough before with my old pickup. just wanting to get louder and would like to do it right.

I have a 97 Chevy ... Best of luck with your Blow through !!!

The first thing I would do is go to a junkyard and find that second battery trey for the driver's side under the hood (a factory option on these trucks) ...

When you are cutting your Blow through ... You might want to make sure that you do not cut 90 degree angles in your corners (please round them) so your accordian boot will fit correctly and not leak ... and please look for a fiberglass bedcover for this if you do not already have one ...

I'm not sure if you will be able to actually "stand up" an 18 inch driver ... you may have to lay them back a few inches if you go with them ... Please measure

If you are looking for advice on the truck itself (mods / tricks / wiring / things like that) you can go check out www.GMT400.com when you get a chance !!! Alot of great info there !!!

Just a couple of suggestions here

Hope this helps out some ... again, best of luck !!!

Edited by Cablguy184