Sign in to follow this  
rowdyful7

Fi bl 18s daily ground pounder box build help!!!

Vehicle :2002 nissan frontier crewcab

Location in the vehicle:back seat

Space available (Length x Width x Height):26x50x31

Subwoofer make and model:fi bl

Subwoofer Size:18

Number of Subwoofers:2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):aero

What type of music do you like?:rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz):32-36

Volume :around 19ish i think

i am building a box for my truck i am taking the backrest out of the backseat to make some more room the dimensions are with it out

i want to do subs either facing forward or up and the ports down the middle facing forward but i need help with how to tune the box with aerports

i want around 14cuft of airspace and i have around 19 to work with if i did the math right if anyone could help i would really appreciate it!

Just wall it off, I already went that route. I had a very nice all birch 14cu enclosure, after 3 months I walled it. 2 18's will beat the truck up so much you will sound cleaner walled and sealed off.

ive never done a wall but i guess there is a first time for everything did you do a build log for yours that i could look at for tips?

Yes, go to build logs section and take a look. There are 2 ways to build a wall, like mine which is essentially a large forward firing box that has trim panels all around it then sealed up. To me this is easiest because you can really focus on building the enclosure outside of the vehicle.

Then another way is to build it in the vehicle using all the space you can. The baffle would typically go in last and takes more fabrication and planning to end up the way you want. To me this is the option if you need every inch of space. For a truck there really isn't a need.

alright thanks man so i took my seat out my floor is odd so i can make a even floor make the box as big as i can out side the truck and put panels every where else and seal it off?