cloud77

Re XXX v3 recone

Hey guys,

First of all Happy new year to everyone @ Fi Car Audio. It was a great year with your products and hope it was a great year in sales for you. Down to business, I have aquired an RE XXX v3 motor from a craigslist sale. (paid 150 for it) Its spiders were off of the landing and luckily no one who had the sub knew that was the problem, Hopefully I can glue them down and the coil didn't rub too much. I see you guys have a recone option for RE 3x, guessing thats the xxx you just cant use the name for copyright purposes. It says that the recones are good for 2005 models and up, but I have a XXX motor that uses XBL^2 technology (I think its 2006 model). Im guessing that recone is a little different perhaps more pricey, but I was wondering if you can make one for me since I have not yet gone through psi for any recones. I love your craftsmanship and quality in the products you use in your drop in recones and was just wondering if I can get it through you guys. I was j/w because I thought the xbl2 technology recone would be considerably different than the newer coil designs.

Thanks guys

If anyone wants to chime in and tell me a little about these motors and the way they sound please do! this is my first time dealing with this kind of motor. this technology originated through adire audio correct?

Wasn't 06 the last design of the XXX? If so, that is not XBL^2.

Wasn't 06 the last design of the XXX? If so, that is not XBL^2.

Well the describer of the subwoofer had no idea what he was doing, it must be 2005 then? its the adire audio looking v3 motor. the xxx v3 videos on youtube match up to the technology of the motor

Does it have a very large chrome top plate and a traditional 12 spoke basket? Or is it a completely different looking woofer? It its a 12 spoke then it is before 2006 and the Fi rec one will fit.

Does it have a very large chrome top plate and a traditional 12 spoke basket? Or is it a completely different looking woofer? It its a 12 spoke then it is before 2006 and the Fi rec one will fit.

It had the 12 spoke on it, and yes it has the large chrome area above the 2 slates of magnet. I thought it was the xbl2 technology and required 2 areas of coil windings..

That version is XBL^2.

That version is XBL^2.

So the recones on Fi's site will fit? it says on the site 2005 up it will fit, but isnt the recone for the XBL^2 tech motor a different design than other XXXs?

You never sent me astray duran, but I just don't want to make a 130$ mistake.

All XXXs were XBL^2 except the newest one.

Your's should be the xbl.

The new ones feature a split coil design.