Sign in to follow this  
codester

Whats taking up my time now (Twin Turbos inside)

Hi, So last spring I bought a 1993 Nissan 300zx that was converted to twin turbo. Only to find out the next day that the engine was about to go because of Sh** work the shop did (splicing 2 wiring harnesses together with crimps, looping. deleting oil cooler, installing the wrong rad and had the hood hit it and crack the top. Anyways as I am only 19 years old and this isnt my only vehicle and I have to buy all the stuff myself as my parents taught me to save for what I want and dont hand me money. So far I finally found a good JDM engine, bought it and brought it to a shop to get it all done as I dont have a hoist or enough knowledge to do a swap in that insanely cramped engine bay. Thought I would post a couple pics as stuff is getting done and then later make a small build log when I save up for putting a small sound system in it probably 2 10's with one in each corner of the hatch leaving room for T-tops.

Anyways here it is, Has a lightweight flywheel, stage 2 racing clutch, K&N cai, Dual 3inch exhaust with electric cut-outs, and chipped ecu, should be putting out around 350-400 at the crank or around 300rwhp. will get it dynoed when done.

312815_139114456238797_1040434708_n_zps1125e941.jpg.

Parts so far. Still waiting on New Wiring Harness and short shifter.

post-24316-0-11565600-1357077736_thumb.j

post-24316-0-55907600-1357077749_thumb.j

And heres a 300zx the shop has built from stock. Its making 585hp at the wheels and has the same body kit as my car.

post-24316-0-46857000-1357077862_thumb.j

You had to pay for what they messed up?

Dual 3inch exhaust with electric cut-outs

More info on that? :)

I would love to fix one of them up, nice!

i've always had a thing for the fairladyswub.png

Fuck doing any work on those engines man.

Thanks for all the responses. No I bought the car and found out the previous owner had a shop do the work and the shop did a crap job! The car has electric cut outs so I have a switch which controls a flap right after the downpipes and so I can either go through the full exhaust or right out the bottom of the downpipes. I have the full body kit for my car I will be installing and painting it to match the rest of the car.

i've always had a thing for the fairladyswub.png

Ya they've been my dream car since I was around 14 but couldn't afford one so bought a 240sx. This is actually a left hand drive 2+2 manual with t tops so Its awesome. These engine bays are so cramped!

Man at 19 on a limited budget and a short temper, I wouldn't have ever touched one of those cars lol. I would have burned it to the ground back then, had I ever tried working on one. One of the absolute worse engine bays in the world do to anything in. I wish you the best of luck, and hope it turns out real nice. They're fun cars when they don't need working on though!